Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i need a bit of advice on what to make sure i include in one of my questions for my public law essay on the "liberal conception of the rule of law". thanks.:confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    Look at Hobbes, Locke and Lord Bingham's lecture on Rule of Law and Supremacy of Parliament given in 2007 I believe. It is all about constitutional monarchy, , government obeying the law, consent of people to be governed, separation of powers and ability of Parliament to legislate as it likes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em324)
    hey guys, i need a bit of advice on what to make sure i include in one of my questions for my public law essay on the "liberal conception of the rule of law". thanks.:confused::confused:
    I think this question is quite a potent one. The rule of law is quite a contentious issue and indeed it depends on who you ask whether the "rule of law" actually exists. The two being the rule of law, or rule by law. [Natural law vs Legal Positivism]

In terms of a liberal perspective; you would have to come to terms where you sit within the band, and then push towards a more liberal view point.

The end of the day, with a question such as that, there are no right answers, only a good argument.

Perhaps look back in time and assess the position at the time, and then where we are today, and where you think we should be in the future. Because, the conception of the rule of law will depend on who is looking at it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.