i would say brunel
hornblower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lalla)
which is better 4 business
Brunel is probably better in every way compared to Kingston. Kingston, until recently a polytechnic college, does not have a credible reputation.

J.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
Brunel is probably better in every way compared to Kingston. Kingston, until recently a polytechnic college, does not have a credible reputation.

J.
Actually, it's a real up and coming uni. It used to be poorly regarded, but it is now rated excellent in a number of subjects including English. I live nearby, and the area is nice: excellent shopping and eating, great bars and pubs, a few good clubs and reeaally near london.
londongirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
don't know about the uni, but the area's good - i also live nearby. clubs, cinemas, bowling, arcades, shopping, the river.. it's got it all!
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
Actually, it's a real up and coming uni. It used to be poorly regarded, but it is now rated excellent in a number of subjects including English. I live nearby, and the area is nice: excellent shopping and eating, great bars and pubs, a few good clubs and reeaally near london.
I don't disagree about the area - I myself live nearby. The area is not bad.

The university is a different matter; basically everyone I know will laugh at you if you mention Kingston Uni.

J.
MurphysMoment.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)

Ummm as someone who works in Kingston; I can assure you that it is in London
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MurphysMoment.)
Ummm as someone who works in Kingston; I can assure you that it is in London
Tsk, nitpicker! I really meant central London. However, i live in twickenham, and I can assure you Kingston is not in London, it's a suburb
MurphysMoment.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its in a London borough though and in all honesty it takes about an hour to get to Central London from Kingston; I live in Twickenham aswell.
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MurphysMoment.)
Its in a London borough though and in all honesty it takes about an hour to get to Central London from Kingston; I live in Twickenham aswell.
waah, spooky! What rough area? I'm near Strawberry Hill Station.
MurphysMoment.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whitton
katini
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I live near Kingston too and as far as I know from all career advice ever given - stay away from Kingston University because it is NOT somewhere which will get you a great degree with prospects.

IMO, Brunel is better.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would hate to put out anyones bonfire but I would say that Kingston is not great reputation wise however Brunel is reasonable although I have heard some bad things about it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (151)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.44%
No- I want it (69)
27.82%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.85%

Watched Threads