Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help Watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi there,
    I am 16, I did my gcses this year and I only got 3 passes:
    • A-Maths
    • CC-Science

    I had failed my other gcses
    And i am retaking my english language at college now and im currently enrolled for BTEC level 2 in Business.
    I was wondering if i take Economics privately as a gcse and Maths AS privately that i could start a levels at my college next year. So I would be entering Uni 1 year late at the age of 19 instead of 18.

    I only took up BTEC because all colleges said no to me for A levels due to my poor grades.

    Hopefully if i do well in both economics and english language. I would have a total of 5 passes. And if i get good result, atleast above a C grade for maths then I think it shouldnt be a problem. But what are your views?
    Give me some ideas of what i should do?
    I just want to do well so that I can prove the colleges that rejected me for a-levels wrong and that I could get into a better Uni.
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni


    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:



    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.