Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Thread For OCR Physics A G484 Jan 2011 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Who is doing this exam - need help on

"describe an experiment that demonstrates Brownian Motion"
    "describe an electrical experiment to determine the specific heat capacity of a solid/liquid"

CAN ANYONE FIND REVISION NOTES AND A LIST OF DEFINITIONS FOR THIS EXAM

Good Luck All x

ReputationRep:
    doubt they'l ask your first question in the Jan exam, as they asked that question in last exam.

& your second question is answered in the book

Definition are also in your book

ReputationRep:
    Revision notes!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have a copy of the Newtonian World paper from june? cnt find it anywhere... its driving me crazy!!

ReputationRep:
    How's every1 coping with the content of this unit? im finding it quite alright, but still need to hammer to down the revision b4 the exam :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nirvana001)
    Anyone have a copy of the Newtonian World paper from june? cnt find it anywhere... its driving me crazy!!
    Being so recent, it isn't available to students, however our teacher says he has access to it and will be uploading it to the school site. Try asking your teacher.

In response to your 2nd question, yeh it seems pretty straightforward and a high mark easily obtainable with revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In the looney bin)
    Being so recent, it isn't available to students, however our teacher says he has access to it and will be uploading it to the school site. Try asking your teacher.

In response to your 2nd question, yeh it seems pretty straightforward and a high mark easily obtainable with revision.
    Once uploaded to your school site, can you get it and upload onto megaupload or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_I)
    Once uploaded to your school site, can you get it and upload onto megaupload or something?
    No can do sorry, hes printing it off and setting it as a mock exam after Christmas instead of uploading it ;|

ReputationRep:

Our teacher doesnt have copies of the exam in june as only 3 ppl resat :O

ReputationRep:
    How's every1 coping with the content of this unit? im finding it quite alright, but still need to hammer to down the revision b4 the exam :O
    Lots of what they deem difficult maths :teeth: Not too much writing :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher doesnt have copies of the exam in june as only 3 ppl resat :O
    Yeh a high mark is attainable with plenty of revision... its puzzled me why unit 4 is an A2 exam since the start of the yr... Electrons, Waves and Photons is a much harder exam (not that this is straightforward, some content is difficult to grasp) dont ya think? must be that u wudnt be able to finish unit 2 an 5 in a yr most probs! But we'll see in jan hopefully we get a nice paper!!

ReputationRep:
    No can do sorry, hes printing it off and setting it as a mock exam after Christmas instead of uploading it ;|
    oh

ReputationRep:
    I hate thermal physics and ideal gases.

Other than that I think Im alright, though I particularly dislike questions that ask about impulses of forces and you need to calculate the impulse by counting squares, I never ever seem to get the correct number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight of Cydonia)

Other than that I think Im alright, though I particularly dislike questions that ask about impulses of forces and you need to calculate the impulse by counting squares, I never ever seem to get the correct number

I dont like counting squares neither :P seriously wastes time. Ideal Gases is fine, just the thermal physics chapter and the bit on resonance and damping. Gonna have to re read about those, brownian motion, kinetic model, pressure............... FUN TIMES AHEAD!

ReputationRep:

can't you just work out the area under the graph i.e 2 triangles etc instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sc0307)
    can't you just work out the area under the graph i.e 2 triangles etc instead
    I try that, and it doesnt work

An example, in an end of unit test, I used triangles, and so did my friend (at AS he got something like 295/300 so I trust his judgement :P) and we both got an answer out by about 0.1 and we both got it wrong.

I just cant get into my revision, how is everyone else doing it and what past papers have you got? I downloaded some legacy zip files and there is no actual paper like the Newtonian World, something like Fields, Forces and Energy and they don't contain all questions.

Its annoying

ReputationRep:
    I try that, and it doesnt work

An example, in an end of unit test, I used triangles, and so did my friend (at AS he got something like 295/300 so I trust his judgement :P) and we both got an answer out by about 0.1 and we both got it wrong.

I just cant get into my revision, how is everyone else doing it and what past papers have you got? I downloaded some legacy zip files and there is no actual paper like the Newtonian World, something like Fields, Forces and Energy and they don't contain all questions.

Its annoying
    OCR removed all their legacy papers! Fools! If you do chemistry or biology as well (OCR as well), do you know where I can get the legacy papers and if they're similar to the spec?

ReputationRep:
    "define the term pressure and use the kinetic model to explain the pressure exerted by gases"

Helpp

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely hate this module and the mechanics module, have to do this both in jan grrr, nailed the electro/waves ones 128/150 but these two "easier" modules are doing my head in, i honestly can't do it aaahhhh, anyone got any exceptionally good notes/condensed list or something to help me get going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sc0307)
    OCR removed all their legacy papers! Fools! If you do chemistry or biology as well (OCR as well), do you know where I can get the legacy papers and if they're similar to the spec?
    Im doing Chemistry on OCR aswell

Luckily, I dont have any A2 modules this jan, but Im retaking F322 (Last June) since I got a C and could have done better :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.