Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheap car insurance.. Here's a CHEAT. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys and gilrs,

Im 17, Male and have been THOROUGHLY and Laboriously looking for insurance Quotes all over the place by phone and online.

The car I've used as an example is a bog-standard 1.1Ltr Citroen C2. 2004 model, (54') with just over 50,000 miles, Not bad for a first car. at Third Party fire and Theft cover.

with my first 5-10 quotes I started with pure basic information without a care entering my details without thinking about risk-factors. The quotes turned out to be well into over the 5,000 mark, (at its LOWEST!) With some insurers quoting over £7.000

Then, after refining my details I've found that the quotes lowered, but only to around the £3000-£4.500 mark.

Finally, I had a Breakthrough. A brain-storm which told me that I should try a quote as a provisional driver with No FULL UK liscence obtained. Just bear with me for a second, Im sure it sounds silly, did to me.

A Learner driver (Provisional) Must be accompanied by a person over the age of 21 with 3 or more years of driving experience. This reduces your risk-factor DRAMATICALLY! I ended up with a quote for £1.404.63 Massively reduced. And if you want it EVEN CHEAPER I've got a quote with my father as a named driver for £1.032.54 >.< Although for the extra £400 its worth it to start earning NCB.

I hope this little hint helps you out a little.

WARNING: DO NOT PUT IN THAT YOU'VE GOT A PROVISIONAL LISCENCE IF YOU HAVE A FULL LISCENCE. THIS WILL VOID THE INSURANCE AND YOU WILL NOT BE PAID OUT.

*cough*

Peace, Chris.

ReputationRep:
    Your information is entirely useless for anyone who's actually passed their driving test, and wants to have valid insurance.

ReputationRep:
    ^ as above an invalid policy is just as bad as no cover at all, and it will cost more than £1k per annum!

ReputationRep:
    This is why I don't drive.

ReputationRep:
    The idea is that you'll have someone attempting to keep you 'safe' when out on the road, and supposedly more responsible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biker_boy_chris)
    Finally, I had a Breakthrough. A brain-storm which told me that I should try a quote as a provisional driver with No FULL UK liscence obtained. Just bear with me for a second, Im sure it sounds silly, did to me.

A Learner driver (Provisional) Must be accompanied by a person over the age of 21 with 3 or more years of driving experience. This reduces your risk-factor DRAMATICALLY! I ended up with a quote for £1.404.63 Massively reduced. And if you want it EVEN CHEAPER I've got a quote with my father as a named driver for £1.032.54 >.< Although for the extra £400 its worth it to start earning NCB.
    £1400 a year for invalid no insurance? You're getting ripped off. Mine is £1400 a year but for that I actually get my car insured. It's so much better.

ReputationRep:
    And just an hour ago I was in a car crash with my good friend :')

ReputationRep:
    That seems hella expensive. Mine was £1000 with a corsa 1.2 when i was 17, now its something like £650 now im 19 in an Astra

ReputationRep:
    So you're "cheat" is to put that you've got a provisional licence, if you have a provisional licence? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chestercityfan)
    So you're "cheat" is to put that you've got a provisional licence, if you have a provisional licence? :rolleyes:
    No his "cheat" is to put that you have a provisional license even if you have a full license, thereby invalidating the insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    No his "cheat" is to put that you have a provisional license even if you have a full license, thereby invalidating the insurance.
    oh this makes perfect sense!

ReputationRep:
    another easier way is just say u have had
    you're Licence for 1 year worked fine for me :woo:

not adding any ncb or anything
    just add 1 extra year to the date
    you passed test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehoops1212)
    another easier way is just say u have had
    you're Licence for 1 year worked fine for me :woo:

not adding any ncb or anything
    just add 1 extra year to the date
    you passed test
    But surely this invalidates your insurance, the same way that lying about the type of licence you have would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chestercityfan)
    But surely this invalidates your insurance, the same way that lying about the type of licence you have would.
    Yup. Why even bother tbh?

ReputationRep:
    No, What I mean Is At the moment I have a PROVISIONAL liscence.

Insurance for me is easily 3k for a old-as s SUPER HIGH milage 1.0Ltr TPFT car, I have no idea how other people are getting good prices. If I insure my car under a provisional liscence policy, and then pass my test, Obviously I would need to inform the insurer, but then they cant just charge me the extra cash once the policy is already paid for.. can they?

ReputationRep:
    Another way to do it is just pretend you are a 50 year old woman with 1,000 years no claims bonus... If you are gonna lie, and invalidate your insurance in a way which is prosecutable you might as well get your insurance for like £100 rather than £1000 surely?

ReputationRep:

Insurance for me is easily 3k for a ****ty car, I have no idea how other people are getting good prices. If I insure my car under a provisional liscence policy, and then pass my test, Obviously I would need to inform the insurer, but then they cant just charge me the extra cash once the policy is already paid for.. can they?
    Yes. They can.

ReputationRep:
    0-0 Well, Now Im fooked :/ LOL!

How the hell are you all getting quotes for a thousand pounds or less! I CANNOT find anything under 2.7k :/ Even for a NISSAN MICRA P-REG 1.0Ltr -.-

ReputationRep:

Insurance for me is easily 3k for a old-as s SUPER HIGH milage 1.0Ltr TPFT car, I have no idea how other people are getting good prices. If I insure my car under a provisional liscence policy, and then pass my test, Obviously I would need to inform the insurer, but then they cant just charge me the extra cash once the policy is already paid for.. can they?
    They can indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys and gilrs,
    Post is useless and your 'shift-finger' twitch makes it almost unreadable for me...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.