Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    17 year old foreign male, intend on going on holiday this winter with my 16 year old cousin.

Both of us underage, do people think we should anticipate problems?

We're arab, so will the immigration people cause us problems? I've only ever been with parents before so they might find a couple of teenage arabs on their own a bit suspicious?

Could we get a hotel? Would I need my dad to call the hotel in advance or something? Could I use my dad's credit card to buy things? How strict is London in terms of night club admittance? Will potential snow affect our holiday?

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be wise on both your parts to bring a guardian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob247)
    17 year old foreign male, intend on going on holiday this winter with my 16 year old cousin.

We're arab, so will the immigration people cause us problems? I've only ever been with parents before so they might find a couple of teenage arabs on their own a bit suspicious?

Could we get a hotel? Would I need my dad to call the hotel in advance or something? Could I use my dad's credit card to buy things? How strict is London in terms of night club admittance? Will potential snow affect our holiday?
    If you're only going on holiday and not moving here permanently and have valid passports, the immigration people won't cause you any problems. Yes you could get a hotel and use your dad's credit card to buy things, as long as you have his PIN number and his permission to use his credit card, otherwise you can be arrested for fraud.

If you're not 18 and have no valid ID to say that you are, there's no way you're going to get in London clubs since they want to turn away as many young troublemakers as possible, as London is a high crime area. Not saying that you're a troublemaker, but in the nightclub people's eyes you could be.

You DO NOT need to being a parent or guardian with you. You're old enough to fly by yourselves and are also old enough to get a hotel room.

Nobody will find a couple of teen Arabs on their own suspicious, they've got no reason to unless you're clearly doing something illegal. Have a good holiday

ReputationRep:
    Just don't jump the barriers at a tube station with a bulky rucksack and you should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    If it's just a holiday then I guess all should be fine?

Plenty of Arab teenagers come here alone, I don't think they'd 'suspect' anything :s my friend came for a 2 week holiday today, she didn't get stopped or anything

Snow.. I hope it snows here in London, it hasn't snowed properly yet

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, we arn't all prejudiced!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    Just don't jump the barriers at a tube station with a bulky rucksack and you should be okay.
    :rofl2:

I laughed. A little. Then felt guilty.

ReputationRep:

I think unless you plan on bringing a gun/bomb/drugs over etc you are going to be fine. I doubt that you are going to be thrown into a cell and handed over to the cia just because you are arab!

ReputationRep:
    all will be fine, apart from the nightclubs

no clubbing for you! unless you borrow a friend's ID (who looks similar to you)
    and it depends on where you go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinqueta)
    If you're only going on holiday and not moving here permanently and have valid passports, the immigration people won't cause you any problems. Yes you could get a hotel and use your dad's credit card to buy things, as long as you have his PIN number and his permission to use his credit card, otherwise you can be arrested for fraud.

If you're not 18 and have no valid ID to say that you are, there's no way you're going to get in London clubs since they want to turn away as many young troublemakers as possible, as London is a high crime area. Not saying that you're a troublemaker, but in the nightclub people's eyes you could be.

You DO NOT need to being a parent or guardian with you. You're old enough to fly by yourselves and are also old enough to get a hotel room.

Nobody will find a couple of teen Arabs on their own suspicious, they've got no reason to unless you're clearly doing something illegal. Have a good holiday
    Thanks for the info

When it comes to the hotel booking process, how would you suggest I go about it?

Book it online from here? Or get it done there? Surely either way they'll ask for ID and turn me away if I'm under 18?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    :rofl2:

I laughed. A little. Then felt guilty.
    Me too tehe then I was like hmm really shouldn't giggle

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info

When it comes to the hotel booking process, how would you suggest I go about it?

Book it online from here? Or get it done there? Surely either way they'll ask for ID and turn me away if I'm under 18?
    You don't need to be 18 to book a hotel room, you can book it however you want.

You'll get robbed, or stabbed. Or both.

ReputationRep:
      tbh I would check OP

I went to Scotland intending on booking a youth hostel when I was 17 (you know something about the name told me it was for youths) and I was turned away!

Other than that, you'll be fine- last time I checked most of London was Arab

ReputationRep:
      Quite a lot specificy over 18s only (something about legal liability for damages or something I think? I dunno), but there are also many that will accept anyone over 16. Just check with them before booking OP.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
      You'll get robbed, or stabbed. Or both.
      doubt he's going to the slums of London... although the chances of him getting robbed are significantly higher.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tailschao)
      Quite a lot specificy over 18s only (something about legal liability for damages or something I think? I dunno), but there are also many that will accept anyone over 16. Just check with them before booking OP.
      Hi, know it's been a while, but just wondering if you know somewhere in central london that accepts under 18s?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.