Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Return of the football terrace? Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Safe-Stan...Parliament.php

Im a Crystal Palace fan and most of the lower Holmesdale (big stand) as well as the away supporters stand and at away games 50% of Palace fans stand depending on which ground we go to. Im happy doing both lol

How would this impact you?

ReputationRep:
    It's an utterly ridiuclous rule brought in to cover up future police ineptness following hillsborough.

How can it be safe and legal to stand in the lower divisions where stadiums are often poorly mantained and stewards are in short supply, but be unsafe to stand in some of the worlds most modern and expensive stadiums?

I imagine 90% of away fans stand throughout the whole game, regardless of this rule. It's a lot safer to be standing infront of a crush barrier with room to manouvre, then having 5 lads standing shoulder to shoulder.

Our Government could learn an awful lot about the german football model.
    • TSR Support Team

I doubt this will get brought in with todays health and safety craze.

ReputationRep:
    Never going to happen, pointless even trying.

ReputationRep:
    Would be the best thing to happen to Football in a long time if it goes through.

Absolutely ridiculous to bring in all seating in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunetly, terrancing is still too closely linked with Hillsborough for us to ever get a result on this. Kenny Daglish was in the papers yesterday saying it's an insult to the 96.

Whilst I admire Kenny for everything he did in the aftermath of Hillsborough, I think he's wrong.

Terrancing did not kill those 96 Liverpool fans. Inadequate policing, fear of hooliganism and ultimately fences killed the 96.

The sooner we open our eyes to the german model, and that includes supporter ownership, the better.

And the sooner we start treating football fans like the rest of sport fans, and not second class humans, the better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    Unfortunetly, terrancing is still too closely linked with Hillsborough for us to ever get a result on this. Kenny Daglish was in the papers yesterday saying it's an insult to the 96.

Whilst I admire Kenny for everything he did in the aftermath of Hillsborough, I think he's wrong.

Terrancing did not kill those 96 Liverpool fans. Inadequate policing, fear of hooliganism and ultimately fences killed the 96.

The sooner we open our eyes to the german model, and that includes supporter ownership, the better.

And the sooner we start treating football fans like the rest of sport fans, and not second class humans, the better.
    Excellent post. how football fans get treated is disgraceful. Can you imagine what the police would have done if the recent protests had been made up of football fans instead of students?!

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.