Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i'm studying a Physics, Chemistry, and Maths at a-level, i can do the stuff in class, but come to exams, and mocks i really struggle to get my thoughts down on paper, i'm yet to find a proper revision technique, any idea's?

ReputationRep:
    past papers and mark schemes...... lots of them.

What exam boards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bambamty)
    hey guys, i'm studying a Physics, Chemistry, and Maths at a-level, i can do the stuff in class, but come to exams, and mocks i really struggle to get my thoughts down on paper, i'm yet to find a proper revision technique, any idea's?
    If you're doing A2 shouldn't you have some idea what you need to do? Just go through exam papers and if you can't do a question (if I were you) look it up in your notes or revision then try and answer the question. You'll soon get an idea of which areas you need to revise most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerbreadman85)
    past papers and mark schemes...... lots of them.

What exam boards?
    i can go over them and get quite good, its just general revision tips i need, ill try past papers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    If you're doing A2 shouldn't you have some idea what you need to do? Just go through exam papers and if you can't do a question (if I were you) look it up in your notes or revision then try and answer the question. You'll soon get an idea of which areas you need to revise most.
    i know what the spec covers etc, i just struggle to find a way of getting them little bits to stick in my brain, any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    depends on how you learn? You tried doing massive flow diagrams on A3 paper? Works particularly well if you have organic reaction schemes to remember.

I've done a huge one for the pollutant gases from cars before, fills an entire whiteboard (see attached).
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerbreadman85)
    depends on how you learn? You tried doing massive flow diagrams on A3 paper? Works particularly well if you have organic reaction schemes to remember.

I've done a huge one for the pollutant gases from cars before, fills an entire whiteboard (see attached).
    yeh i do that to remember feinmann diagrams, diagrams of capacitors and mechanisms and stuff, i think there's 10 past papers i can have, im gna do one each working day over crimbo, whatever i do bad, revise, repeat, till ive revised EVERYTHING

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.