Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A love triangle
    I met this girl a few months ago through her (EX)boyfriend. although me and her boyfriend weren't close, we've become mates since September. about halfway through October they broke up. Every night since then I've been talking to her on msn or texting her, We've even started calling each other up in the mornings to wake the other up. I like her a lot, but I'm not sure if I should ask her out as she might not like me back or her ex might hate me. even though we've become really good mates and I hang out with his group every weekend ( also everyone at my school thinks were going out and apparantly someone at her school asked her if we are)
    Shall i risk the friendship with the guy?
    Any advice would help!

ReputationRep:
    Turn that triangle into a circle and everyone's happy. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    If everyone at your school thinks you are going out with this girl, I presume her ex would have heard about it too and I also presume he would have tried to talk about it with you if he was really bothered.

That being said, it might be best to pull him aside anyway and let him know the situation. If he doesn't seem bothered then, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    You'll never find out if you don't try, and you wouldn't want to regret that in future. I don't think there's much question about whether she likes you or not if you've been speaking every night and phoning each other in the morning. Talk to him about it, he might not even care. If he does, then you really need to decide who means most to you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.