Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this muscle gain unusual? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just started working out in the last few weeks and I've noticed massive gains with my trapezius muscles. Is this a good sign because my mate I've started working out with hasn't seen such a drastic change. My legs have also got alot bigger too. Does this mean I will put on muscle in all area's of my body easily? Even after a few workouts my shoulders/trapezius are visibly larger

ReputationRep:
    Have you been eating a lot?

ReputationRep:
    noobie gains.....don't worry - enjoy them whilst they last.....things will slow down soon. You clearly have plenty of androgen receptors in your traps, hence the new growth

ReputationRep:
    yeah, like the person in post #2 said, if you're the right body type, eat a lot and not doing any cardio, you can put on a lot of visible weight pretty quickly. doesn't necessarily mean much of it's muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    yeah, like the person in post #2 said, if you're the right body type, eat a lot and not doing any cardio, you can put on a lot of visible weight pretty quickly. doesn't necessarily mean much of it's muscle.
    I'm pretty skinny though- well upper body anyway and still developing. I just put on muscle pretty quick though which is good. I have tried to eat alot more. I reckon if i took roids I would be massive. Basically I have no real mass yet still sizeable muscles imo- well compared to others anyway. It could just be that I have a very low body fat% maybe. Honestly I have literally no fat.... Is this bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ****sSonsFriend)
    I'm pretty skinny though- well upper body anyway and still developing. I just put on muscle pretty quick though which is good. I have tried to eat alot more. I reckon if i took roids I would be massive. Basically I have no real mass yet still sizeable muscles imo- well compared to others anyway. It could just be that I have a very low body fat% maybe. Honestly I have literally no fat.... Is this bad?
    You have sizeable muscles so your not malnourished, just sounds like genetics.

2 years ago I had a body fat of about 3-4% and was perfectly healthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wm123)

I remember an old P.E. teacher trying to take a measurement of my bf% with those clippy things and he couldn't even do it lol. The only thing I seem to put on is muscle but I wana put on loads more, and it's annoying because I'm a really late developer. I haven't even started lifting the big weights yet but I wana push myself as much as possible now.

I have always eaten alot, not necessarily healthily but I have changed that in the last few weeks a fair bit, upping my protein intake considerably. Sometimes I just wish I were a fatty

ReputationRep:
    I remember an old P.E. teacher trying to take a measurement of my bf% with those clippy things and he couldn't even do it lol. The only thing I seem to put on is muscle but I wana put on loads more, and it's annoying because I'm a really late developer. I haven't even started lifting the big weights yet but I wana push myself as much as possible now.

I have always eaten alot, not necessarily healthily but I have changed that in the last few weeks a fair bit, upping my protein intake considerably. Sometimes I just wish I were a fatty
    Haha, the guy at Fitness First got the results back of the BF tester and was like "WTF". I was in your situation though mate, I just wanted to gain weight even if I became a fatty. Id recommend GOMAD with a decent diet & routine for a month or two to gain some decent size.

How old are you btw?

ReputationRep:
    I've just started working out in the last few weeks and I've noticed massive gains with my trapezius muscles. Is this a good sign because my mate I've started working out with hasn't seen such a drastic change. My legs have also got alot bigger too. Does this mean I will put on muscle in all area's of my body easily? Even after a few workouts my shoulders/trapezius are visibly larger
    Stop working your traps, you'll end up like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wm123)
    Haha, the guy at Fitness First got the results back of the BF tester and was like "WTF". I was in your situation though mate, I just wanted to gain weight even if I became a fatty. Id recommend GOMAD with a decent diet & routine for a month or two to gain some decent size.

How old are you btw?
    I'm 21 nearly 22. A gallon of milk a day is insane man. I've heard alot of bad things about the hormones in milk too and I don't want acne brah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u4m1r)
    Stop working your traps, you'll end up like this

I wonder when he got that militant tattoo, and how it will look when he loses all his muscle lol. Those traps deserve a clap though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wm123)

you never had 3-4% bodyfat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basketofsnakes)
    you never had 3-4% bodyfat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wm123)
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    hehe
    how long were you banned from the misc for

ReputationRep:
    sumfin like 6 weeks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.