Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Had a quick peek for other threads for this exam, couldn't see any, so here goes.

This is just to gauge how other Salterians are finding the revision for this topic, and also, what areas you're thoroughly going over.

I'll put my hands up and say I'm not the greatest at Chemistry (Predicted B/C) and I mostly struggle with the long 5/6 mark calculations, especially the ones finding the percentages of something present in something. Any tips on really knuckling down? I get in general, the steps you need to take, but it's never a 100% certainty that I'll get the correct answer.

Personally for me, the biological side of it is the easiest/most enjoyable, I'll be pleased to see a lot of DNA questions popping up.

Glass Transition Temp is a bit of a ***** imo, our teacher didn't really go over it so well.

Eugh, and anything on balancing out ionic equations makes me want to explode a little.

So, what are our hopes, fears, and worries for this exam? What do you think is the best thing to thoroughly revise over and get down to a T?

Finally, any revision tips on how to go about doing this, past papers aside, I've been through all of them already it would seem! People finding CGP any help?

Thanks everyone, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh chemistry is driving me NUTS and i'm reatakin the june AS from last year a mate of mine found a really good website, just type khan academy into google lol his videos are amazing and so helpful!! i like the bio side too gah my worst bit is having to remember all the conditions lol, like when its conc. h2so4 or dilute etc etc etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.