The Student Room Group

Uni is AMAZING!

Okay, so over the past couple of days, I've seen a fair few threads from people saying that uni is disappointing, not what they expected etc..

I thought we could do with a bit of positivity, so that we don't put sixthformers off uni for good! Haha :smile:

My positive points:

-The independance is amazing! You get to live how you want to live, especially if you live in halls, nobody cares if you go to lectures or not so it's completely different than school.

-I've made three of the most amazing friends ever! I have lots of friends, but these three girls I honestly feel like I've known them all my life now, despite the fact I only met them just over a month ago.

-The work is interesting. If you're finding the work boring, then maybe you need to do a different degree? I love my degree work! I actually enjoy writing assignments, because I'm interested in what I'm investigating!

Add your positive things, everyone :biggrin:

EDIT: This wasn't meant to be a life story, or a "uni is amazing for EVERYONE" thread.. but there are so many threads people pointing out the negs that I just thought everyone needs to know the good things that can happen, as well!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Well done! Even though I don't know you, I'm happy for you. :biggrin:
All you can eat buffet of drunken gash.

Dunno if that is a pos/neg
I think the fairest thing to say about uni is it's different for everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending