Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I've applied for chemistry at Uni and it is obvious that you need GCSE English language which I have at a B. I have just received an rejection from Notts Trent uni saying I didn't meet the minimum GCSE grades and I panicked big time. So I checked tracker and to find on my application i had listed English LIT TWICE!

Does anyone know if I can get UCAS to change this on my application and also if this happened would Notts Trent reconsider? Confusingly Man Met gave me an offer

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Just ring up trent to let them know about the mistake and for them to reconsider. After that you just ring up the UCAS helpline and they will change it for you <<<< i think. Nothing else you can do but ring them up.

ReputationRep:
    Man Met probably thought it wasn't that bad a mistake and thought "He must have made a mistake, no matter." and gave you on offer based on everything else. Either Nottingham Trent is retardde, unforgiving or you're application was just rejected generally my friend.

ReputationRep:
    AGHH crazy times! You'll have to phone UCAS and explain.
    They might reconsider since they rejected you based on your GCSE's.
    -I think they should anyway! Did you want to go there?

Goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, They rejected me on the basis that I did not meet minimum GCSE grades which will mean that the other 3 Uni's will have same problem! Dayyym will ring UCAS in the morning when they are open but what a stupid mistake on my part!

To be honest it was up there but it still depends on whether I get offers from some of the Russell Group uni's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel-Ballingall)
    AGHH crazy times! You'll have to phone UCAS and explain.
    They might reconsider since they rejected you based on your GCSE's.
    -I think they should anyway! Did you want to go there?

Goodluck!
    You integrated love wrong.

Also, not the end of the world, just contact the University and UCAS and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenP91)

Also, not the end of the world, just contact the University and UCAS and you'll be fine.
    Cheers mate!
    I assume you watch Chuck going off your picture! Either that or you think Yvonne is really hot like the rest of us

ReputationRep:
    When you phone UCAS, ask whether you should ring/e-mail ALL of your universities cos obviously they can change the online application but universities still get a paper copy. Easier said than done but try not to worry too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azaking)
    Cheers mate!
    I assume you watch Chuck going off your picture! Either that or you think Yvonne is really hot like the rest of us
    I WATCH CHUCK!!!

Why is that girl so damn beautiful. The ninja scenes when she kicks ass are the biggest turn on ever.

Ok im gonna shut up now. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenP91)

I know. It was just something I doodled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dappaman)
    I WATCH CHUCK!!!

Why is that girl so damn beautiful. The ninja scenes when she kicks ass are the biggest turn on ever.

Ok im gonna shut up now. :P
    Hahahahahaa. She is just amazing on it, especially the 'ninja scenes'! Best episode in series 4 for me so far has to be the one when she changes into different bikini's rapidly.

Okay now I'll shut up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.