Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have applied for Adult Nursing at:

Nottingham (UG Dip)
    Manchester (BN)
    Sheff hallam (BN)
    Cardiff (BN)

Just wondering if the fee code for all of these is 05? I have checked them and there is no tuition fees for them but I wanted to make sure

Also do I need to apply for a maintenance loan from student finance for accomodation or is the bursary supposed to cover this???

thanks for any replies its a tad confusing

ReputationRep:
    Im not entirely sure code wise, but nursing courses dont have tuition fees so whichever codes links with that should be right.

As for a loan, it depends. I know some people who needs loans because they cant survive on just a bursary but i also know people who the bursary is enough for. It just depends how much you have outgoing as to how much income you're going to need.

ReputationRep:
    check withthe unis as to the correct fees code but the fees are met by the DoH in the vastest majority of cases

if the bursary is the NHS none means tested one ( traditionally associated with diploma) you aren't eligible for loans if it;s the means tested stuff you are ....

ReputationRep:
    At Cardiff you get the non-means tested bursary of around £6500 so you don't get any loans, just the bursary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palbert)
    Hi,
    I have applied for Adult Nursing at:

Nottingham (UG Dip)
    Manchester (BN)
    Sheff hallam (BN)
    Cardiff (BN)

Just wondering if the fee code for all of these is 05? I have checked them and there is no tuition fees for them but I wanted to make sure

Also do I need to apply for a maintenance loan from student finance for accomodation or is the bursary supposed to cover this???

thanks for any replies its a tad confusing
    The fee code is 02 DH/Regional Health.

If you are doing the diploma, you won't be eligible for a maintenance loan, only a non-means tested NHS bursary.

If you are doing the degree, then you are eligible for a maintenance loan and a means tested loan.

ReputationRep:
    thanks very much for the replies I did some research as well and it confirms what you have all said

will hopefully get into Nottingham

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.