Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do i have a personality Disorder? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm turning 18 soon, and over the past couple of months strange things are happening to me.. i feel really strange with myself at the moment...

It all started when i started when i began year 13, I was suddenly feeling confident about my drama classes, some of the people in my class said i was good, and i've always known that i was good at acting when i was small. but all of a sudden i had began to not be as shy and polite as i had been, (i think it just wastes time being soo shy all the time)
    SO i became more funny, and crazy with my comedy within drama and more in my personality too, which just feels natural to me. I'm only having fun

Then in all my new classes, which i was being so confident in, i didnt find any friends, i didnt fit in with anyone, and just felt reeally lonely.. REALLY LONELY, i kept on seeing people giggling at me whenever i had gone up to talk to them, trying to make friends. but i wasnt being too friendly

I feel so wacky towards people, but to me it just feels like im making them laugh and relaxing, being comfortable, because they do laugh.

But over the past few weeks, i've been feeling either reeeally HAPPY one minute and then SERIOUSLY DEPRESSED the next, it can change every half hour, depending on whether something 'goes my way' or not. like missing the bus!! :/

I dont know who i am anymore, i'm always gettin the feeling that most people who i talk to 'dont get me' or just 'dont understand'
    I dont get me either...i try so hard to be normal and friendly, but i just feel so...odd with myself at the moment....

I DONT KNOW WHO I AM

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm kinda like that too, sometimes. I actually totally understand where you're coming from anyway.
    I find it also confusing, becausee to people I don't speak to, I'm like funny and stuff (which just comes naturally out) but when my friends are with me, I'm a little more serious. and then when they're both around me.. I don't know what to do?!

but the whole "I don't know who I am" thing is I guess that's what us teenagers are all about. We're still growing up and still finding out who we are.. so give it time, eh?

So the answer in my opinion is no.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.