Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do in this situation? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I like this girl. We casually talk but I highly doubt she knows I like her, but lots of other people seem too and I dont know how. My best friends are pressuring me to ask her out on a date but I'm too scared too since I don't think she likes me, but another boy.

So I decided this week, since its christmas holidays I will ask (no seeing her for 3 weeks if i get rejected), but after chatting tonight, I've found out that on thursday she is in Glasgow having a uni interview, and has no lessons on friday morning so wont be coming into college (we leave at midday).

Tomorrow, I have no lessons, so haven't planned on going into college either.

I dont have her number or anything so Im slightly annoyed that I cant realistically ask her on a date face to face anymore.

Help?

ReputationRep:
    Go in tomorrow anyway?

Not that hard.

ReputationRep:
    Its a 40 minute bus journey and I don't know when her lessons are to catch her :/

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, ask her out tomorrow - and get her mobile number while you're at it! Jees :rolleyes:

Who cares if she likes the other guy? Let her know that you're interested and she could very easily change her mind, anyway it's best to never EVER assume that you know what a woman is thinking/feeling because you almost certainly don't. What do you have to lose? As long as you're not a jerk about it you'll have your friendship even if she does reject you

Sod the bus journey, big deal! If you aren't bothered enough to get the bus in to ask her out then why should she go out with you?
    Surely you have a mutual friend that you can find out her lesson times from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight of Cydonia)
    Its a 40 minute bus journey and I don't know when her lessons are to catch her :/
    If you REALLY liked her, such trivial matters would not stand in your way.

ReputationRep:
    Is there not someone you can get her number off? Like a friend of a friend of a friend? If not, then go in tomorrow - if you really liked her you would do it.

ReputationRep:
    So I went in today, had the best moment to ask her, and I bottled it and got scared so only had a quick chat inbetween her lessons.

Im such a failure, I should just give up on her now since I have no chance to talk to her until after the holidays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight of Cydonia)
    So I went in today, had the best moment to ask her, and I bottled it and got scared so only had a quick chat inbetween her lessons.

Im such a failure, I should just give up on her now since I have no chance to talk to her until after the holidays
    until then maybe boost up ur confidence? or ask someone for her number...cant u find her on facebook and message her since at least now she knows who u are if u talked to her? was it a nice chat? did she seem repulsed by u? if not then go for it on facebook or after the holidays since she prolly wont find anyone else until then since this is usually a family holiday...dont worry if u really like her then go for it..

ReputationRep:
    Well she seemed content with talking, and had to end it since she had a lesson and I had none and she didnt want to be late.

Isnt getting her number off someone else a little bit silly and weird? Like a stalker lol

Im just so annoyed I missed the perfect opportunity by having no confidence, and I really wanted to ask if she wanted to go to the cinema in the christmas holidays

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.