Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well I applied for one uni, one subject.... childs nursing diploma.

Today I have got a big Unsuccessful

I know why, I wasnt specific to my branch enough in my interview.... and just generally nerves got the better of me.

Anywho... I just wondered if there was a way of retracting my personal statement so that I can add a course to my UCAS so I can go for the adult nursing.

or..... Is there any chance if I rang admissions that may give me a 2nd go at an interview if I basically begged them???

Or am I just done and finished for the year?

Im so upset. What have I done!! :eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    A second interview for a course that has already rejected you is pretty much not going to happen.

Since you only applied for one course, you can still add up to four more choices, but at this stage you can't change your personal statement. You can ask the universities if they will accept a new one sent straight to them, though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought it was a long shot but i was thinking of getting on my knees and begging! lol.

So if I write a new personal statement I could ring them and ask if they would take the statement from me rather then UCAS. :o:o

I cant go to another Uni so would rather just re-apply for adult nursing, but cant use my original statement with I want to work with children all over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistralshining)
    Yeah I thought it was a long shot but i was thinking of getting on my knees and begging! lol.
    Can't imagine it having any effect, I'm afraid.

So if I write a new personal statement I could ring them and ask if they would take the statement from me rather then UCAS. :o:o
    They don't have to look at it, but yeah.

ReputationRep:
    They're not going to let you have another go at an interview they've already rejected you from, why should they? You get one chance and unfortunately, you didn't give them what they were looking for and they've made a decision on the basis of it. If they give you another chance then they have to call up every other person they've rejected to give them another chance too, that's just unrealistic! You can't get rejected from a job interview then beg them to reinterview you because you're upset you were rejected. Its part of life and you need to accept what has happened, learn from it and move on.

As has been said you can apply to upto 5 choices so if you haven't used all 5 then you can add more. If you email the universities they may let you change your personal statement via email but your original one would also be available for them to view.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, just make sure you ask the university if they will accept your new personal statement before writing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyNinja)
    yeah, just make sure you ask the university if they will accept your new personal statement before writing it
    Awww thank you!! all is not lost!

I will ring them in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Awww thank you!! all is not lost!

I will ring them in the morning.
    Good idea it would be devastating spending hours on your new personal statement and then finding out they will not accept it. I also suggest you ring UCAS letting them know you would like to add more choices.
    Good luck and please post back letting us know on the universities reply .

ReputationRep:
    Good idea it would be devastating spending hours on your new personal statement and then finding out they will not accept it. I also suggest you ring UCAS letting them know you would like to add more choices.
    Good luck and please post back letting us know on the universities reply .
    You're idea worked!! I rang them and they have said that it is absolutley fine for me to re-apply!

Woop Woop!!

So off I go to do yet another personal statement.

Least Im getting another go at it.

ReputationRep:
    You're idea worked!! I rang them and they have said that it is absolutley fine for me to re-apply!

Woop Woop!!

So off I go to do yet another personal statement.

Least Im getting another go at it.
    Woo thats great! i advise now to write the best personal statement that the admissions tutor will ever read. post it on TSR as well so they can correct it and give it to your teachers etc. Also get someone like a teacher that you dont know very well to interview you for practice. Good luck and keep posting back with your progress

ReputationRep:
    Woo thats great! i advise now to write the best personal statement that the admissions tutor will ever read. post it on TSR as well so they can correct it and give it to your teachers etc. Also get someone like a teacher that you dont know very well to interview you for practice. Good luck and keep posting back with your progress
    I will!! Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    I will!! Thank you so much!
    No problem, i wish you best of luck that you get onto your course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.