Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The House of Lords are currently deciding on whether to amend the legislation or not...

They're voting right now, or at least I think that's what they're doing, it's really quite hard to follow..

ReputationRep:
    Votes in.
    The cuts happened.

It's over.

ReputationRep:
      Don't worry, there's still the possibility that the world's destruction in 2012 will render the tuition fee rises irrelevant!

ReputationRep:
      ...Maybe the Queen won't give her assent...

ReputationRep:
      You don't have a clue about it do you OP? To be quite honest neither do I, although I know this:

Why did people vote the damn Tories in?????? You knew they'red be ruthless cuts, blamed on the previous government (bull-****) but you were so blind to see you because you probably voted not knowing how badly Thatcher ****ed the country up-SO I ask you, speak to your parents about it. They probably voted Scameron and Smegg in to.

ReputationRep:
      Not really sure why the Tories are being bashed here - unlike Clegg they were honest throughout about what would happen and to be honest this is considerably fairer than Labour's God awful graduate tax!

Yes the Conservatives take something to be desired but really, Labour are any better? Every time they get into power the country falls to pieces. If they hadn't spent like a Saudi Princess in Harrods with an unlimited credit card when they were in power then there would be no need for ruthless cuts now, would there? As it is it's better to cut now than go bankrupt and have to go begging to the EU and IMF 2 years down the line.

They're all as bad as each other. The Tories are out of touch and sometimes just plain cruel, Labour are pathetic, irresponsible and frankly incompetent and the Lib Dem's are a joke of a party - their promises count for nothing and lets face it they wouldn't have a clue what to do if they didn't have someone holding their hand.

But politics aside, we fought and we lost, now for pity's sake lets stop whining about it and get on with it. It's not going to change, no matter how many war memorials are desecrated or police officers injured.

ReputationRep:
      Yeah thank god I've already got a confirmed place at UWE.

Saying that, going the year after and only paying back when earning £21,000 would make it easier to live out the bohemian dream of being an artiste; smoking and lazing around claiming to be creating works of art.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Potiron)
      That would be brilliant. Revenge for being mean to precious first born son

ReputationRep:
      It's clutching at straws but it would make my week if she did this.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by History-Student)
      That would be brilliant. Revenge for being mean to precious first born son
      More like a thank you to students for attacking her crownsnatching son, she knows he's just waiting in the wings.

ReputationRep:
      More like a thank you to students for attacking her crownsnatching son, she knows he's just waiting in the wings.
      I like to think that she has a footman dangle it from a fishing rod just out of his reach, telling him he can be king if he can take it.

I also now have the image of prince Charles as a ninja, and I thank you for it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by History-Student)
      I like to think that she has a footman dangle it from a fishing rod just out of his reach, telling him he can be king if he can take it.

I also now have the image of prince Charles as a ninja, and I thank you for it.
      You're welcome...I thank you too for sending that image back my way. Alas, I wasted all my rep at about 2 this morning apparently.

I sort of see him sneaking round, looking for opportunities to push her down the stairs and make it look like an accident. Slipping poisons in her food only for a corgi to snaffle it.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.