Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow linguists. I've been searching the web for Spanish idioms which would be suitable for an essay on the cinema. I was wondering if anyone had any which would be appropriate for the subject of the cinema specifically.

Also, one I have already found is:

Llorar a lágrima viva = To cry one's eyes out
    However, could someone explain how to conjugate this to take on the meaning 'I cried my eyes out' I think it should start with 'lloré' but for some reason I can't get any further.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banoffeepie16)
    Hello fellow linguists. I've been searching the web for Spanish idioms which would be suitable for an essay on the cinema. I was wondering if anyone had any which would be appropriate for the subject of the cinema specifically.

Also, one I have already found is:

Llorar a lágrima viva = To cry one's eyes out
    However, could someone explain how to conjugate this to take on the meaning 'I cried my eyes out' I think it should start with 'lloré' but for some reason I can't get any further.

Thanks in advance
    Hey,
    For the conjugation, you would simply leave "a lágrima viva" as it is, as viva and lágrima are nouns and so are not conjugated.

You would put it in the preterite, given the context, but you may need it in the imperfect depending on where you are using it.

So, lloré a lágrima viva would be I cried my eyes out, where lloraba a lágrima viva would be "I was crying my eyes out.." etc.

I hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.