Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ultimately, are you happy with your uni choice? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Aimed more at people who are actually studying in uni, but applicants can reply too.

I know the grass can always be greener but, ultimately, do you feel happy and satisfied with the uni choices you made (course, uni, accommodation, all of it) or do you genuinely wish you'd made different ones?

My response
    I took a few risks in my application because I went from having some nice safe offers to being released from them so I could use Clearing for a course I wasn't qualified for, thus limiting my choice on unis considerably ... but yes, I would say I think I made the right choices in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Yes very much so, I had a tough few opening weeks but things have begun to get a lot more settled and stress free now.

I love Lancaster. The atmosphere, my flatmates, my room, my course. Only wish I didn't have to walk so much, but I suppose it's good for me

ReputationRep:
    If i ever (which i won't) get into Chelsea College of Art, i'm 100% sure i won't be comfortable living in London. I love the college and the buzz around it, it's just London that's putting me off making it my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    I think so

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I couldn't imagine myself in any other place, studying any other subject. It's ideal in many many ways.

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    I think so
    Do you have much vacation work? I want to show you the essay questions we've been given for Syntax. Mind=blown and not sure where to start - I wanna know what you think. Wanna see?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but I wouldn't be happy at any uni. Grind my way through and come out the other side

ReputationRep:
    My course and university in general wasn't what I expected it to be and there have been a few times this year when I have thought ''is this really what I want to be doing?'' but I got on with it and now, at the end of my first semester I'm happy with it all.

I suppose doubt will always exist, my life would have gone in a completely different direction if I hadn't come to university and I don't know whether that would be a good thing or not.

ReputationRep:
    After finishing my first semester I'm kind of wishing I had gone to a different uni. When I picked my first choice I was expecting my A level grades to be a lot worse than they were. I'm doing Psychology which means I should have really done a degree that was accredited by the British Psychological Society, which means if I want to be a psychologist I have to do a conversion course. I'm quite happy with everything else though, loving my accommodation and all the people on my course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapientia)
    Do you have much vacation work? I want to show you the essay questions we've been given for Syntax. Mind=blown and not sure where to start - I wanna know what you think. Wanna see?
    Not really, just revision for two exams after xmas. Although we only have three weeks for holiday unlike you lazy lot :P I would love to see! You can PM or my email is on my fb I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Not really, just revision for two exams after xmas. Although we only have three weeks for holiday unlike you lazy lot :P I would love to see! You can PM or my email is on my fb I think
    Will PM!

ReputationRep:
    Halfway through A2, I thought 'is this really what I want to do' and started doubting myself but I've been extremely good with my gut instinct on things and so I followed what my gut said and it's paid off. True, the grass could be greener on the other side but it could be... yellow-er (?) too. I'm happy anyway, that's the main thing

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I really like LSE so far.

ReputationRep:
    Very, very happy!
    Course- brill. Totally in my element
    Accommodation- Was shoved in off campus accommodation cos I applied too late, but it worked out for the best cos I'm only 5 mins away from uni and only 5 mins away from town too Also I heard there was heating problems and a lack of hot water in my accommodation before I went there, but there isn't at all.
    Moving away from home- Very very very scary at first, shockingly homesick for the first 2 weeks, then once I got past it I really started enjoying myself and now I have no problem being away from home for 6 weeks at a time. In fact, it's great because get my head showered for a while, at home I never get a break because we have horses and stuff, so at uni my free time is actually free and I just savour it
    Making new friends- Again, it took a wee while for me to settle in and I'm not the most confident of people anyway, but everyone's n the same situation I've made a great bunch of friends, but it didn't happen overnight!
    Difference between A-Level and university- Not as bad as I expected! It is much more work, but it's workable withable

All in all, semester one=huge success
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    No not really. But I dunno if that's this uni, or just uni in general.

ReputationRep:
    I think so - the course is good, I love the uni and I've met some great people

My only regret is the accomodation - I was first twinned, and now I'm in a postgrad flat, which has made it a little hard to meet people. But I'm hoping it will click at some point.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty happy. Definitely a lot happier than last year when i dropped out

ReputationRep:
    No, I wish I did medicine instead of maths so I'd have a clear idea of what to do afterwards. :/

I originally planned to go into finance but having come to the application process I realise I'm just not suited to it.

ReputationRep:
    I am happy with my course and really like my uni, and am glad I came here and wouldn't want to be at another uni.... but my course doesn't remotely interest me at all, so I'm not motivated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.