Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Quick question about coffee. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i need to stay up for the next 13 hours, and the only thing i have in the house that i can relate to this need is coffee. nescafe original. yes im aware this might be a stupid question, but bear with me at this hour. how much can i take without becoming jittery, and whats the best way to ingest it? (large amount of coffee, little water/how many spoons of coffee etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    If it's instant then just drink it constantly. You won't manage to get enough caffeine from it to make you jittery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob da Mop)
    If it's instant then just drink it constantly. You won't manage to get enough caffeine from it to make you jittery.
    Hmm. Do you know how long it usually takes to kick in?

ReputationRep:
    Coffee never works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happyfeet*)
    Coffee never works
    Yeah it does.. sure you haven't been drinking decaf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facetious)
    Yeah it does.. sure you haven't been drinking decaf?
    No I drink Nescafe, Gold Blend to be precise, but it never has an effect on me :s

(Original post by facetious)
      Hmm. Do you know how long it usually takes to kick in?
      Ten minutes or so.

Ten or fifteen cups of coffee in a few hours will make you feel a bit too high.

ReputationRep:
      well 13 hours have already gone by but here u go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Why87...eature=related

ReputationRep:
      Just have a 1 hour nap. Coffee will never make you as awake as you want to be.

ReputationRep:
      Red Bull's faster

ReputationRep:
      It'd depend on how much coffee your body is used to. For example, if I want a real coffee rush I have to drink a lot of cups and very strong ones as I drink it every day so your body becomes immune in a sense. If you never usually drink it, you'll probably find you get quicker results.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.