Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've just received an offer from a uni I really wasnt expecting to get into!
    Is it possible that UCAS would have made a mistake, so that it comes up as "Conditional" on track, but actually I dont have an offer at all, or they meant to put "Rejection"?? And if this is the case, what would happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -kit-kat-)
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've just received an offer from a uni I really wasnt expecting to get into!
    Is it possible that UCAS would have made a mistake, so that it comes up as "Conditional" on track, but actually I dont have an offer at all, or they meant to put "Rejection"?? And if this is the case, what would happen?
    You have an offer, congrats.

ReputationRep:
    Very rarely. And usually the mistake would be with the grades, not the fact that you received an offer. So embrace your awesome-ness!! You've got an offer!!

ReputationRep:
    Woah. So much paranoia.

Chill you must, or explode you will.[/Yoda]

Congrats.

ReputationRep:
    no they dont really make mistakes so congratulations on your offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Mazza_)
    You have an offer, congrats.

(Original post by Helsy)
    Very rarely. And usually the mistake would be with the grades, not the fact that you received an offer. So embrace your awesome-ness!! You've got an offer!!

(Original post by History-Student)
    Woah. So much paranoia.

Chill you must, or explode you will.[/Yoda]

Congrats.

(Original post by GGSTRT)
    no they dont really make mistakes so congratulations on your offer
    Thank you so much everyone! I really wasn't expecting it, and Im still checking back on track literally every 20 mins to check it hasn't disappeared! thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Very rarely - there have been some cases of the wrong message getting to the student, but these tend to be on behalf of the uni pressing the wrong button and not UCAS displaying it incorrectly. I know what you mean, though. When I got my LSE offer, I kept on thinking it was an error and they'd meant to make the offer to someone else. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I think universities and UCAS can typemis stuff:

Today my mate got an offer which said 240 points in 1 Full A-Level/GCE. He rang up and it was meant to say 240 points including 1 full A-level/GCE.

Grats anyhow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Very rarely - there have been some cases of the wrong message getting to the student, but these tend to be on behalf of the uni pressing the wrong button and not UCAS displaying it incorrectly. I know what you mean, though. When I got my LSE offer, I kept on thinking it was an error and they'd meant to make the offer to someone else. :lol:
    What would happen if they did get it wrong?? should I ring them and check?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In the looney bin)
    I think universities and UCAS can typemis stuff:

Today my mate got an offer which said 240 points in 1 Full A-Level/GCE. He rang up and it was meant to say 240 points including 1 full A-level/GCE.

Grats anyhow
    wow that would be a challenge :eek:

ReputationRep:
    What university was the offer from? & congratz! must be an awesome feeling :badger:

ReputationRep:
    What would happen if they did get it wrong?? should I ring them and check?
    Not right now - you have no reason beyond self-doubt to suppose they have made a wrong offer, and if you were to accept it they would have a very tough time turning you away.

However, if you received a "Sorry we are rejecting you" letter, maybe phone them then?

ReputationRep:
    my friend got a mistake, it came through as an offer for course A instead of course B, which she'd applied for both at the same uni. It's really rare though so don't worry, be happy

ReputationRep:
    Im sure that your offer is legitimate and that you received it deservingly
    Ucas mistakes are very rare - its a system designed to make sure university applications and transactions run smoothly and efficiently - hence the chances of mistakes (Altho possible) are quite small
    congratulations - however if you still have doubts - feel free to ring the university to confirm your offer - im sure they wouldnt object in re-confirming this.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Ucas said I got into brighton. I phoned brighton up too I think and then waited a week during the week where everyone goes to other unis, and then i didnt receive any mail so I phoned up again and they said I didnt receive enough ucas points. Luckily I had another university down

ReputationRep:
    I had a mistake, but it was a minor one(course detail) and not as bad as offer/rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)

How come you didn't go there?

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS application is still in the process...it`ll take 4/5 weeks till i can log in to track >.<

ReputationRep:
    i know how you feel, i got my LSE offer a month or so ago and i was really suprised it came so early

I spent ages in shock :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krebs)
    How come you didn't go there?
    In the end, I changed my mind about course because I realised I want to be an optometrist ... and as LSE don't run an optometry course, I was released and used Clearing to get into ARU.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.