Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, do you like being teased by men..........? Watch

i.e bantering? I have a bit of a cheeky sense of humour and some girls find it funny, others not so much. Do you think I should tone it down a bit?

it just annoying and immature

ReputationRep:
    it's funny the first time, it very quickly gets old and annoying. if by 'banter' you mean 'insult' then i wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    All are different but if she can't handle banter she probably isn't worth making an effort with..

ReputationRep:
    its annoying and immature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktlaurenroe)
    it's funny the first time, it very quickly gets old and annoying. if by 'banter' you mean 'insult' then i wouldn't.
    Couldn't have put it better myself. It's ok for a bit, but too much and you've lost your chance.

ReputationRep:
    Depeneds. I don't like insulting but teasing/ bantering/ cheeky. Yeah. I like that.

ReputationRep:
    It can be fun - it just depends on the way the guy puts it across as it can come out sleazy if youre not careful...

ReputationRep:
    After about a week, it gets bloody annoying.

I actually got someone from my school suspended because he took it way too far and wouldn't stop even though he knew it was pissing me off.

ReputationRep:
    I love it haha. I think it only works though if people can take jokes - I don't mind taking it as long as I'm allowed to dish it out too.

Plus I have quite a sharp tongue so I need people to be on my level of thinking before I can banter anyway otherwise people just get offended. There are some areas which push my buttons, so I think that it's important to draw a line somewhere but no, I absolutely love it to be honest. Can't imagine having a relationship with anyone without a bit of playful banter - that's what turns me on!

ReputationRep:
    Knew I'd get negged for my reply!

I'm sorry but grinding your crotch against someone and telling her to give you a blowjob is hardly acceptable behaviour in school when she's asked you to stop several times.

ReputationRep:
    http://i56.tinypic.com/a4q6n7.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Most people now think 'banter' (ridiculously overused) is insulting people and being sarcastic. Girls probably wouldn't like that. Although if you mean being a bit cheeky sometimes, most probably would.

ReputationRep:
    It depends how personal you get...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playlislay)
    It depends how personal you get...
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    Did I seriously just get negged for my putting forward my opinion?

I like guys that banter because I can deal with it, just as long as they expect some back. Sorry if some of you girls are too sensitive for a bit of a laugh.

Okay, I've ****ged some of you off who can't take it. Now neg me.

ReputationRep:
    As long as it's not insulting then yeah.

ReputationRep:
    TSR girls don't like anything

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but not too much. If its too much insulting, i'll probably cry and will not talk to him for days.

ReputationRep:
    From the number of times I've been slapped I can tell you a lot of girls don't.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.