Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies, do you like it when a man kisses your hand when he meets you...? Watch

Was just wondeirng, lol. I do it sometimes and say 'enchante.' Would that be a bit weird?

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't like it. It's strange and I would feel awkward.

ReputationRep:
    If it was my boyfriend it would be OK. But if all guys started doing it I'd be slightly weirded out.

ReputationRep:
    If he is not taking himself too seriously there, I think it's charming :lollypop:

ReputationRep:
    LOL depends who it is! Random stranger approaching me and kissing me on the hand... that would be, well, er strange? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    It would be a little cringe-worthy if it was a stranger, or someone I didn't know very well. If was a friend messing around on a night out it wouldn't seem quite as strange though.

ReputationRep:
    No, it comes across to me a little sleazy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    enchante.
    :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    I'd never do that, I might catch lurgies.

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to be very good-looking, extremely confident and ridiculously charming... even then they would be "creeped-out." So you'd have to follow it with some seriosuly alluring chat.

The fact that you made this thread suggests you're not confident enough to do this (no offence).

Edit: Woaaa!! After re-reading your post, I noticed you say "enchante" after kissing her hand??! Did you get the spelling wrong, or where you trying to be "charming."

(Original post by Anonymous)
      Was just wondeirng, lol. I do it sometimes and say 'enchante.' Would that be a bit weird?
      Random guy: Slap that.
      Guy I like: Tap that.
      Guy I want to ****: Slap that then tap that.

ReputationRep:
      http://i54.tinypic.com/2vv7s6h.jpg

ReputationRep:
      Yes!!! Its so hot I can't even begin to describe....

ReputationRep:
      Lol, I wouldn't know quite what to do if someone approached me in that way...I'm honestly thinking hard but I can't think of a way that I wouldn't find that weird in this day and age, unless it was just someone I knew messing around.

ReputationRep:
      I think its quite charming, I mean chivalry is dead and forgotten and you may be remembered because of it!

ReputationRep:
      I don't like it at all

ReputationRep:
      Why waste the time? Go strait for her lips.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by im so academic)
      Random guy: Slap that.
      Guy I like: Tap that.
      Guy I want to ****: Slap that then tap that.
      Interesting but yet very funny!
      Like your sense of humour!

ReputationRep:
      You'd have to make it abundantly obvious that you were not being serious.

Risk-Reward ratio is not good though, not worth it.

ReputationRep:
      HAHA

no.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.