Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hi TSR,

I have a friend who is doing AQA Biology, and she wants to know what is the best way for her to get a really good score within her ISA's? She really needs an A (she's applying to dentistry) and she is finding it difficult to find resources for ISAs (or practice ones for that fact) what is the best way for her to prepare, what resources could reallty help her?

Thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    bump
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    anyone?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hey I did AQA Biology

I think getting a good grade in the ISA's is just down to personal skill, and some people have more skill than others. I was rubbish at the ISA's whereas some were brilliant.

Sorry I can't be of much more help.

ReputationRep:
    1) Section (A) is easy. Make sure you know the experiment inside out, go through each step working our why you did what you did.

2) Make sure you have a sound knowledge of the theory behind the experiment. For example if you're doing light intensity and photosynthesis, make sure you know the light independent reaction in detail.

3) Practice science at work questions. You can't really know what’s going to crop up in section (B), so the only thing you can do is practice application, graphs and other science at work questions until your exam technique is perfect.

Thanks about it really.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.