Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Asian girl sizes Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Im 5 foot haha size 8 or 10
    Most of my friends are thin but not too thin
    During get togethers I'm always told I've lost weight mostly because I was a chubby chaser when i was a kid
    My mum bugs me to eat more healthily?
    Erm not really
    Nope don't watch bollywood

ReputationRep:
    :elefant:

ReputationRep:
    5ft6
    55kilos
    Size 8

I eat like a man tho, my mum won't take me to weddings.

Size doesn't bother me. Asian clothes don't show anything on you and nor is there any pressure for me. I mean
    asianness = family, and they ought to love/accept me as me. So i feel no pressure.

Oh wait, the only thing that is predominant to me is: skin colour! Always getting nagged to watch mines because its not as fair as my sisters. They are so light and they take so much care of it on top of that. I'm an active sun seeker. I like being brown/getting browner. It's who i am.

It makes me feel sad sometimes and i want to :cry2: especially because it's not an issue, it's a fact. Aunties, relatives and people i don't know talk about it very liberally and i feel odd. I hope that the view changes, and if not..well :dontknow: that's cool too. I'll be the cool odd one out

ReputationRep:
    Woww, whats with the questions? :lol: But i've got nothing better to do atm so,

No, my friends are all healthy, er I'm quite skinny I'd say, but I think I look fine!

People did used to nag a little to put a little more weight on, but theyve dropped it now.

And no, they dont really influence me much. I guess I just like to look after my body..... well, because I do?

ReputationRep:
    you're probably wondering why I posted that dancing elephant?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It turns me on:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    i cant wait for asian chicks to get older! so much **** clunge!!!

ReputationRep:
    I need a hamburger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *mMmMm*)
    If you're Asian, what height and size are you?

Are most of your friends really thin?

Do you always get told as a girl, that you have either lost or put on weight, as soon as a fellow Asian person sees you? For e.g. during get-togethers etc.

Do you parents constantly bug you about your size, that you need to eat more or less?

Do people who are smaller or thinner than you always comment that you are small or thin? Worse, chubby or fat people tell you you're too thin?

Do Bollywood movies or fellow Asian celebs etc have an influence on you? As most of them are really thin...
    5'4 and size 8-10.

I wouldn't say really thin; most are quite slim.

No one mentions anything about my weight anymore hahah used to get told I was "big" for my age, though. All my cousins are literally sticks compared to me. :curious:

My mum nags me to eat more and my dad tells me I'm a fatty for constantly eating. :iiam:

Yeah, a bit of a piss take when it's clearly not true.

I dunno, I don't care.

:turban:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    5ft6
    55kilos
    Size 8

Size doesn't bother me. Asian clothes don't show anything on you and nor is there any pressure for me. I mean
    asianness = family, and they ought to love/accept me as me. So i feel no pressure.

Oh wait, the only thing that is predominant to me is: skin colour! Always getting nagged to watch mines because its not as fair as my sisters. They are so light and they take so much care of it on top of that. I'm an active sun seeker. I like being brown/getting browner. It's who i am.

Tru dat, i've always thought tanner asian skin was rather more attractive than pale olive skin, it just seems warmer??

And OP, i'm 5.5 and size 10, ma dad says i am 'strong' ma friends vary, if you're talkin about my asian friends then they all vary as well. Love a bit of Btown as well :P My mum tells me to eat more and regularly most of the time, my dad is more concerned that i think about what i eat.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    5ft6
    55kilos
    Size 8

It makes me feel sad sometimes and i want to :cry2: especially because it's not an issue, it's a fact. Aunties, relatives and people i don't know talk about it very liberally and i feel odd. I hope that the view changes, and if not..well :dontknow: that's cool too. I'll be the cool odd one out
    your the same person who was laughing at asian men getting raped because there vunerable.... :mad: i nor will any1 else ever 4get that

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm tiny (barely 155cm ) and naturally thin, although I eat more than everyone else in my family put together.

Except my dad's always telling me I need to eat more and my mum once said 'you'd better not be bulimic or anything' (such a typical Asian attitude - I'm the last person to have an eating disorder but if I did, that's not exactly being supportive/helpful!)

About colour, I hate that it's the first thing people judge a girl on. Especially 'she's quite pretty but she's dark'

Hmm, Bollywood - I totally <3 Priyanka Chopra but I wouldn't say she's overly thin..?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 155 cm and about 44 kg.

But yeah, there's this stigma within Asian families about being fat- that's prob why i dislike family gatherings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by air-ninety-one)
    your the same person who was laughing at asian men getting raped because there vunerable.... :mad: i nor will any1 else ever 4get that
    no, i was referring to my attraction to oriental males, using a terribley offensive analogy. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    What kind of Asian are we talking about.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.