Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Awkward situation for New Years Eve... Watch

With my group of friends every new years eve we go to (we'll call him J) his house for a party. I'm 16 and friends are 17 - 18 (a few of them are 15 though).

New years eve parties are basically a piss up; now that most of the group are 18 we can bring lots of alcohol and it's great.

J's parents are there but they're safe because they get drunk too and don't care what we do. My parents however are very conscious about how much I drunk and always make a massive fuss if I get just a bit tipsy.

They also make a fuss about me doing mixed sex sleep overs which is annoying (and this party involves boys and girls sleeping over).

The problem basically is that J's parents are inviting everyones friends parents - idk why. And my parents said they'd come and I feel awkward about it. I want to just have fun without worrying about how I'm acting.

The thing also is, I don't understand why they're inviting everyones parents. They don't really know eachother that well so what's the point?

Yeah the girl I like is going to be there too YAY COOL.

ReputationRep:
    just tell your parents they're not allowed to go if they aren't DTF, and that all you want to do is to have some fun.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.