Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody suggest a title for me? I came up with one that compared the role of Storytelling in music in Japanese Opera and Western Programme Music, but then two things happened which made me abandon my title and go back to square one:

1. I couldn't think of any Japanese Operas to compare to Peter and the Wolf, which was my example of western music I was going to use to compare it.
    2. The title is too similar to my Extended Essay title, which I am NOT changing.

Any suggestions? Preferably something involving World Music, as I know the IB seem to quite like World Music.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if this would be much help, but my title was "A Comparison of Two Culturally Dissimilar Pieces:
    Liu Yang River and Sonata for Violin Solo No. 1 in G minor

I think you should narrow it down to the instrumentation, it might be easier to compare?
    For me, I focused on strings, so I chose the violin with the chinese zither.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh.... thanks! d'you mind if I be nosy and ask what sort of grade you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rory Vogel)
    Oooh.... thanks! d'you mind if I be nosy and ask what sort of grade you got?
    Haha! I don't mind!
    I managed to get a 5, which I'd like to think as average
    Criteria D is quite straightforward though, so you should be able to definitely get full marks for that since it's just bibliography/discography.
    I suppose it depends what form your teacher wants it in... The year before me had to do it as if it's "on radio" and my year had to do it in magazine format

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gummi_bears)
    Haha! I don't mind!
    I managed to get a 5, which I'd like to think as average
    Criteria D is quite straightforward though, so you should be able to definitely get full marks for that since it's just bibliography/discography.
    I suppose it depends what form your teacher wants it in... The year before me had to do it as if it's "on radio" and my year had to do it in magazine format
    Cool. Our teachers (I have 3 ) let us choose what form to do it in. Loads of people last year chose to do it as a lecture.......

I have to admit that Criteria D means nothing to me, since we've only been told to come up with a title and do some research... I should really get a move on

ReputationRep:
    Oh? A lecture? That's interesting XD
    Criteria D is basically easy stuff like format, bibliography etc. Don't worry about it, it's easy peasy

ReputationRep:
    Not really Multi-media though, is it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.