Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious as to how Natural Science courses work. I know they differ from Uni to Uni, but could you give me a brief idea of how the course works?

Are you only allowed to take modules in sciences that you have the suitable A-Level in? (For example, would I be allowed to take a Module in Astronomy even though I don't take Physics for A-Level?)

Also, do you know of any Universities (other than Durham, I'm not quite good enough for Durham!) that allow you to take a course in a non science (preferably classics!) alongside your Natural Science course.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? bump!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayyyy_x)
    I'm curious as to how Natural Science courses work. I know they differ from Uni to Uni, but could you give me a brief idea of how the course works?

Are you only allowed to take modules in sciences that you have the suitable A-Level in? (For example, would I be allowed to take a Module in Astronomy even though I don't take Physics for A-Level?)

Also, do you know of any Universities (other than Durham, I'm not quite good enough for Durham!) that allow you to take a course in a non science (preferably classics!) alongside your Natural Science course.

Thanks!
    Normally you're quite limited if you take a science degree. Most modules will be compulsory. At least, this was the case for me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.