Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rushden & Diamonds Goalkeeper found dead at just 24! Watch

• TSR Support Team

This is just pure tragic, Rushden's goalkeeper Dale Roberts has died at just 24 years old, their game tonight was called off as a mark of respect.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...s-aged-24.html

ReputationRep:
    As a diehard Rushden and Diamonds fan myself, I'm just devastated, he was my favourite player and such a great goalkeeper as well, the best at his level without a doubt, RIP Dale
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Olie)
    As a diehard Rushden and Diamonds fan myself, I'm just devastated, he was my favourite player and such a great goalkeeper as well, the best at his level without a doubt, RIP Dale
    I feel sorry for any of the Rushden fans, but especially the family of Dale Roberts

ReputationRep:
    Of course, much harder for people close to him

ReputationRep:
    Too young.

R.I.P.

ReputationRep:
    R.I.P.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently John Terry's brother Paul was sleeping with Dale's wife...
    • TSR Support Team

It runs in the bloody family when it comes to Terry

ReputationRep:
    Terribly sad. RIP to him. Saw him twice last season when they came to play Oxford, he was pretty good too. Crazy to think he's no longer with us. Awful news, way too young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izaldo)
    Apparently John Terry's brother Paul was sleeping with Dale's wife...
    No apparently about it. Looks like being a **** runs in the ticket touting, drug selling marriage wrecking family.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22282926/

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...es-affair.html

Just wow :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm an Oxford fan and we played them 4 times last season, and he was an excellent keeper. R.I.P Dale Roberts.
    • TSR Support Team

Makes me hate the Terry family even more, scum the lot of them :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Stealing mother, drug dealing father and two sons who both sleep with their friends girlfriends. Sounds like your average episode of the Jeremy Kyle show, doesn't it? No, it's the former captain of England and his family. Absolute scum the lot of them.

At his mates home as well. What a ****.

R.I.P Dale.
    I've always hated JT because he is just so arrogant,but I guess thats the type of mentality you need to have to be a top level footballer. You can just tell by listening to him that he's the type of guy who will win at all costs regardless of how he does it. The only thing that matters to him is the result. Anyway that keeper is slightly weak minded to commit suicide over such a thing. She wasn't even that good looking tbf.

I would seriously expect a professional footballer to have a very strong mentality and to resolve an issue such as this even if it did take a while. I therefore don't have a whole lot of sympathy tbh, but this is just my opinion and there could have been much more to the story.
    • TSR Support Team

Well I do wonder was the media trying to hype it all up or did Paul Terry really make off with his wife, yeah him committing suicide is a sad way to go, but what ever possessed his wife to go off with John Terry's brother.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.