Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Make-up for dark skin Watch

ReputationRep:
    I need to replace my make-up and I'm just considering a different brand. Would girls who have dark skin advise any particular brands?

I'm currently using Mac studio fix, which I find really good but the only problem I have with their powder is that it transfers onto paper. I don't find clinque that good.

I'm considering YSL, I've never tried it. Would anyone recommend it? Does it transfer onto paper? I'm hoping to buy my make-up tomorrow.

Are there any brands people might suggest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    Please only respond if you have something sensible to say.
    It is sensible! It's good for your skin and makes you smell oh-so-delicious. :yep::sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I use sleek. :dontknow: I don't really know of any others apart from that Bobbi Brown which is quite expensive.

ReputationRep:
    What's this transferring onto paper business? :unsure:

'Cause personally, I'd recommend you to not rub your face onto it if it bothers you that much. :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roocky)
    Sleek is targeted specifically for ethnic skin tones, ma sissies have some and they really love it, can be a little dry on first application, but soon 'meshes' with your skin and gives this lovely natural but high coverage, i believe it started in african or Caribbean stores, so it should be perfect if you have skin tones from that group in particular
    I know sleek. I don't like the quality because it doesn't really last the day and it also transfers to paper very easily. I'd sooner stick to Mac but then I'd also prefer a better alternative to Mac

ReputationRep:
    I know sleek. I don't like the quality because it doesn't really last the day and it also transfers to paper very easily. I'd sooner stick to Mac but then I'd also prefer a better alternative to Mac
    What do you mean by transfers to paper? Do you mean when you're blotting your face?

ReputationRep:
    Bobby Brown

ReputationRep:
    have you tried sleek?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    What's this transferring onto paper business? :unsure:

'Cause personally, I'd recommend you to not rub your face onto it if it bothers you that much. :borat:
    I don't rub my face onto paper, that's just stupid and idiotic.

When I write on paper my hand smudges everything along the way. Unfortunately I do touch my face a lot, probably without even realising, it's a habit. It transfers onto paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyhigh!)
    Bobby Brown
    It doesn't go onto paper?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was going to say Bobbi Brown too

ReputationRep:
    Grow up and stop responding to my thread, you are annoying.
    Now now, there's no need to be racist about things. I will respond to your thread as much as I wish to. :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xPixie)
    Yeah, I was going to say Bobbi Brown too
    Oh cool, thanks. Two people have recommended it.

I'll go to the Bobbi Brown counter tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't go onto paper?
    Hmmm I used to use it ages ago, I don't think it does.

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool, thanks. Two people have recommended it.

I'll go to the Bobbi Brown counter tomorrow.
    Hey, if two people recommended you to jump off a bridge, would you?

ReputationRep:
    I use Clinque and Maybelline- the latter has a wide range of colours and the 24hr stay one is great.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I use sleek. :dontknow: I don't really know of any others apart from that Bobbi Brown which is quite expensive.
    Don't you need to be black/dark skinned to use that though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I also use Clinique Primer to make the make up stay on longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    Hey, if two people recommended you to jump off a bridge, would you?
    I wrote this thread to specifically look for make-up advice, I've found what I think is best for me. It's not up to you to question why I made that decision, particularly as you couldn't offer anything constructive.

Unfortunately I've had annoying people annoyingly impose themselves, goodness knows why. Probably attention seeking more than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Chill out This is a public forum so anyone can repond to w/e thread they wish, and what lella was saying is actually true. Coal tar soap helps to relieve eczema, acne, dry skin etc.

Anyway, get a better setting powder? Pressed powder works less effectively than a loose one.
    As far as i'm concerned whether coal is gd for your skin or not was irrelevant in the converstaion because in the context that sandeep or sanpreet said it was meant in a racist way!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.