Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im mature student applying to durham and i explained them that ive been out of school for 3 yrs and i have no qualifications at all but only my ielts score which they said is good enough if i pass the pre-sessional course.
    The pre-sessional course is a 3 month english course before the university start, after that you proceed to the direct course w/ foundation year.
    I was thinking if, i should go for it or just take the International Foundation course.
    Im also confused, should i apply first for the direct course w/ foundation year, or should i apply for the pre-sessional course first? Or i can only apply if i get an unconditional offer at durham w/ foundation year?
    Can anyone help me w/ this. Im really confused.
    They werent really answering all my questions.

This is the letter i got from durham.

Yes you apply to ucas for a four year degree with the first year being the Foundation year. You apply for the pre-sessional course seperately via the university language centre. Pre sessional normally starts in July so you would do that and then start your 4 year degree programme.

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    i guess its in the wrong forum

ReputationRep:
    I don't think many people here would know, it's best to ring up/email Durham directly but they'll probably just say what they've said already.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.