Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi There.

I know the title isn't very descriptive but I will try and elaborate as best I can. I applied to the Business Technology stream for Lloyds Banking Group's summer internship schemes. I completed the application, passed the psychometric tests and then received an e-mail about a telephone Interview. It said I would be contacted in November regarding this interview and that assessment center days would be carried out in Dec/Jan. However, I have received no contact from Lloyds Banking Group themselves regarding the telephone interview, I've attempted to ring the number they provided in the e-mail and the number is dead, I've also e-mailed their [email protected] e-mail address to no avail.

I'm just wondering if anyone else who is or has applied to the internships schemes has been experiencing similar problems.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to the General Management scheme and am in the same position.... pretty much given up hope tbh

ReputationRep:
    I did the internship this past summer. The emerging talent team were pretty hopeless. I can dig out some contacts this evening if you pm me to remind me.

Same problem.

Tried the number. Tried the email. No response.

ReputationRep:
      Just got an email asking me to schedule my telephone interview! Having been told that it would be organised in November... Oh well, it's a start!

ReputationRep:
      I'm in the same position - informed that I'd been successful in getting a telephone interview but the dates they were talking about didn't make sense and I haven't heard anything since. I tried the number and it didn't connect (I didn't bother with the e-mail after reading the responses on here). I imagine that they will get back to us in the New Year but after reading the above post, it could be earlier.

ReputationRep:
      Same here, got the email saying they will contact me in November. No response as yet though!

ReputationRep:
      New year: shall we all try again or hope they'll be in contact shortly?

I'm going to ring again if I don't recieve contact soon, but if it's like last time it won't do much good.

ReputationRep:
      I applied in November, didn't get a response till last week. Did their tests yesterday, and was informed my "telephone interview will be postponed until December 2010".

Reassuring stuff.

ReputationRep:
      I received the same email as innerpartysystem despite doing the test a couple of days ago. So I contacted them via email, and was informed today that telephone interviews will be released tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
      Hi guys,

Had my telephone interview today. Went OK I think.

Be patient!

ReputationRep:
      Slots are open!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Frontier)
      Slots are open!
      Did you ring them to arrange your interview or did they send an e-mail?

ReputationRep:
      I just rang up the number from my e-mail - the first time it went straight to voicemail, and the second time I dealt with a rather rude woman who told me that although I had reached Lloyds it was not the recruitment team (despite the e-mail explicitly telling me that it was the RT). She then proceeded to hang up after a second, without advice on who to contact or so much as a goodbye.

I've never dealt with anywhere that's acted quite like this before; I was quite shocked.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by The_Libertarian)
      I just rang up the number from my e-mail - the first time it went straight to voicemail, and the second time I dealt with a rather rude woman who told me that although I had reached Lloyds it was not the recruitment team (despite the e-mail explicitly telling me that it was the RT). She then proceeded to hang up after a second, without advice on who to contact or so much as a goodbye.

I've never dealt with anywhere that's acted quite like this before; I was quite shocked.
      Well because one of the HR people e-mailed me yesterday saying slots would open today, I checked the website a couple of times. The slots can be booked online. I also received an e-mail informing me that slots were open to book

Did you manage to sort it out?

ReputationRep:
      There's nothing new on my application screen, nor any e-mail contact. My friend is the same.

Perhaps it varies depending on which department you've applied for?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by innerpartysystem)
      There's nothing new on my application screen, nor any e-mail contact. My friend is the same.

Perhaps it varies depending on which department you've applied for?
      Which Department did you apply for? The consensus seems to be that the whole Emerging Talent Team are pretty useless so it wouldn't suprise me if they're doing one programme at a time or something ridiculous like that.

I had my telephone interview on Tuesday for the General Management scheme, having been asked to book it on the 27th.

I assume you and your friend got the email saying that they would contact you in November about a December interview, etc etc?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by gurkin123)
      Which Department did you apply for? The consensus seems to be that the whole Emerging Talent Team are pretty useless so it wouldn't suprise me if they're doing one programme at a time or something ridiculous like that.

I had my telephone interview on Tuesday for the General Management scheme, having been asked to book it on the 27th.

I assume you and your friend got the email saying that they would contact you in November about a December interview, etc etc?
      Yes, I got the e-mail 2 days ago.

I applied for finance, my mate applied for something else, I think corporate markets.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Frontier)
      Well because one of the HR people e-mailed me yesterday saying slots would open today, I checked the website a couple of times. The slots can be booked online. I also received an e-mail informing me that slots were open to book

Did you manage to sort it out?
      Not yet - no e-mail contact and my online application form only allows me to view it or withdraw. I don't want to ring the same number again and get the same woman.

Which division did you apply for? I'm like innerpartysystem in that I applied for Finance but was told I had an interview back in late November. Their e-mail wasn't particularly coherent and they now haven't made any contact about if for about 6 weeks.

ReputationRep:
      i applied for general management grad programme. Had my phone interview mid december and was shortly invited to the assessment centre but there are no slots online. Emailed them last year but no reply.....hope they get back to me soon.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.