Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bulmers Red Apple Cider Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was looking to try this limited edition drink and was just wondering if anyone has tried it yet. How does it compare with the Bulmers original cider?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'll look out for it at the weekend when I'm out

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan. Although I'm not a fan of Bulmer's cider in general, even though it paid for my school fees!. Westons is far, far better!

ReputationRep:
    I'd give it a miss if I were you. I tried some today and I wasn't overly impressed. It smells really good but has got quite a funny aftertaste. If you did want to give it a go your local branch of Asda might stock it as that's where I got mine.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your opinions, guys.

ReputationRep:
    If your still looking to buy some, Sainsburys currently have it on offer til 31st, Buy 2 for £3. Normally £2.09

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/grocerie...=1292958073938

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicky86)
    If your still looking to buy some, Sainsburys currently have it on offer til 31st, Buy 2 for £3. Normally £2.09

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1292958073938
    Ooh, thanks. :teeth: I might pop in there and have some on Saturday with my christmas dinner.

Lemme know what its like please CP

ReputationRep:
      Yeah i saw it online earlier so went and picked some up, hope it does taste nice! Will try it later and let you know

ReputationRep:
      I don't really taste too much different taste in it from normal bulmers to be honest. I may have had a cold when I tried it but hmm...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Loz17)
      Will do.

(Original post by nicky86)
      Yeah i saw it online earlier so went and picked some up, hope it does taste nice! Will try it later and let you know
      Thanks.

(Original post by hothedgehog)
      I don't really taste too much different taste in it from normal bulmers to be honest. I may have had a cold when I tried it but hmm...
      Hmm, yeah I was thinking this. I mean, do green apples taste that different to red apples? :dontknow: IIRC, I prefer the pear to the original, though.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Crazy Paving)
      Hmm, yeah I was thinking this. I mean, do green apples taste that different to red apples? :dontknow: IIRC, I prefer the pear to the original, though.
      I guess it was a bit sweeter than regular bulmers but in taste it wasn't much different if that makes sense. It could have just been sweetened normal bulmers. Saying that though it wasn't unpleasant.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hothedgehog)
      I guess it was a bit sweeter than regular bulmers but in taste it wasn't much different if that makes sense. It could have just been sweetened normal bulmers. Saying that though it wasn't unpleasant.
      Aha, I see. Well, thanks for the review anyway. Think I'll try it soon.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Hi, I was looking to try this limited edition drink and was just wondering if anyone has tried it yet. How does it compare with the Bulmers original cider?
      In ASDA there also doing another limited edition one, called pear + apple cider.

ReputationRep:
      Yeah it tastes pretty much the same as normal cider, just a bit sweeter. To me red apples taste slightly different to green and i could taste the red apple in there.
      Im not normally a cider drinker but i quite liked it, and while the offer is on in Sainsburys i think i shall be stocking up on a few more for Xmas!!

ReputationRep:
      Today we bought two of each from Sainsbury's on 2 for £3, so now have 2 original, 2 pear, 2 red apple and 2 summer blend (apple and pear). :teehee:

The woman wouldn't serve me as I apparently had to be over 25, but I showed ID showing I am 19. I queried it and turns out she was wrong and you only have to be 18 and she was taken off of the tills immediately. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
      It's alright but I'm a scrumpy kind of guy personally.

ReputationRep:
      So, I had it today with my christmas dinner and really liked it. :yep: I prefer it to the original, but don't like it as much as the pear. I also tried the apple and pear one on christmas eve, as Dumachi suggested, and liked that too, but it was my least favourite of the 4. I'd recommend the red apple cider.

(Original post by Loz17)
      See above.

So, I had it today with my christmas dinner and really liked it. :yep: I prefer it to the original, but don't like it as much as the pear. I also tried the apple and pear one on christmas eve, as Dumachi suggested, and liked that too, but it was my least favourite of the 4. I'd recommend the red apple cider.

See above.
        Cheers :top:

(no pun intended :nothing:)

ReputationRep:
        I had some the other day and i really couldn't tell the difference between this one and the original. Both get you drunk but the red one is cheaper.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.