Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Nottingham has made me an unconditional offer for biochemistry, teaching quality is really important to me as is the content of the course being up to date and good for further study and employment as i would very much like post grad then to work in research, I would just like to know youre opinions on the course and tutors, also any comments on teaching style like seminars that let you ask questions on lecture content from last week or whatever to help understanding or how ever nottingham teach would be great

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex5455)
    anyone?
    Assuming you mean C700 Biochemistry, I would say it is really good. Then again my tutor is retiring and I can't speak for the other ones. We don't really have seminars but I can't think of a single teacher who would not answer questions on his/her lectures. Other biochemistry related courses which might sound similar and involve some of the same people can't really be painted with the same brush, although they can for first year IIRC. I did C721 BBC for the last two years and am retaking second year as C700. Based on the respective second years so far, there is a world of difference. C721 felt like doing two degrees with half the support compared to C700. Obviously I am a bit biased toward finding this year easier since it is the second time doing a lot of the stuff, but still. I can't speak for the other biochem related courses. But on C700 you will be fine so long as you put the work in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.