Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Keele has made me an unconditional offer for biochemistry with neuroscience, teaching quality is really important to me as is the content of the course being up to date and good for further study and employment as i would very much like post grad then to work in research, I would just like to know youre opinions on the course and tutors, also any comments on teaching style like seminars that let you ask questions on lecture content from last week or whatever to help understanding or how ever Keele teach would be great

Thanks

Edit: There was going to be a poll on here but i forgot it.

Edit 2: Never mind.

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex5455)
    OP
    Hey, I know this is a month old, but I saw you'd not got any replies.

I don't do neuro, but I do Human Biology, which in first year is almost the same.
    AFAIK the content is up to date, I don't see why they'd teach us out of date stuff anyway.
    So far I've not had any seminars, however if I have any questions then I ask them after the lecture, or in the lab sessions, or the tutors give you their email addresses, and they have office hours so you can go ask them then.
    I've been really enjoying the content and everything.
    If you have any other questions, just let me know :-)

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Im in my 3rd year of Neuroscience, teaching standard is good. The first year is a bit all over the place because its a common first year with many modules shared with biology/biomed/biochem. Once you get into the meat of neuro its great.

ReputationRep:
    Heyy
    I'm in my first year doing Neuro & Forensic Sci - bshuker's right, in the first year there is one specialized module and the rest is shared with most other biology students. In my opinion, half of the staff are brill and half cannot be bothered. I've had to miss a few lectures as well as compulsory lab classes for medical reasons, and I've been hauled over the coals for it every single time, even with medical evidence. Also, I've never heard off my personal tutor since the induction.

The course itself, however, is really interesting. There are tutorials in the second semester, and the lab classes are always very well taught with plenty of help if you need it. Also, the lecturers are more than happy to field questions from you via email, or to talk to them during/after lectures. Aside from very heavy emphasis on plagiarism and attendance (and only one piece of assessed work prior to exams) the teaching is very good, well informed, and most of my lecturers are doing research projects of their own, and they are more than happy to talk to you about it.

Hope that helped

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.