Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Border Collie lovers... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I love Border Collies. I'm bored. Photos of your own ones??

I have two at home, a 10 year old farm bred girl, Mely and 8 month old crazy little boy Bryn.

I love them to death, miss them so much when I'm at uni, buttt christmas soon!!

Haha, they are like my babies... how sad

http://img23.imageshack.us/i/pb060001.jpg/

ReputationRep:
    Aoow, cute!

I have always wanted a Collie. Was definite that my first dog was going to be a Collie.... and then my OH and I went to the local dog rescue and fell in love with couple of Lurchers instead .

Still want a Collie as well though

(Original post by spasmos)

I have two at home, a 10 year old farm bred girl, Mely and 8 month old crazy little boy Bryn.

3 images of your are not working...

ReputationRep:

I love collies too!!.We had one when I was living at home, she was a cross with a spaniel. Lovely dog, so loving and gentle.Sadly we had to have her put to sleep when she was 13 because of a brain tumor . I still miss her to this day and thats over 20 years!. I now have another collie cross, she is crossed with an Australian Kelpie and again she is very loving and obdient. We got her from a farm in Brecon. Her name is Ruby, but incidentally if we had got a boy collie he was going to be called Bryn.

My dog is also my baby and I love her to bits

Your dog is beautiful

Her as a puppy

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o.../RubyGlynn.jpg

And her now

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/SP_A0167.jpg

ReputationRep:
      I think collies are great dogs.
      I've got a Collie x and i love him to bits. He is so clever but a bit more chilled out than the pure bred Border Collies. I love his eyes the best.

Here's him ( Fidel ) as a 6 month old pup

And now as a 3 year old

We got him from a dog rescue and he is brill!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Annie72)
      I love collies too!!.We had one when I was living at home, she was a cross with a spaniel. Lovely dog, so loving and gentle.Sadly we had to have her put to sleep when she was 13 because of a brain tumor . I still miss her to this day and thats over 20 years!. I now have another collie cross, she is crossed with an Australian Kelpie and again she is very loving and obdient. We got her from a farm in Brecon. Her name is Ruby, but incidentally if we had got a boy collie he was going to be called Bryn.

My dog is also my baby and I love her to bits

Your dog is beautiful

Her as a puppy

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o.../RubyGlynn.jpg

And her now

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/SP_A0167.jpg
      Aw, she is gorgeous. I'm such a sucker for any knid of dogs.

ReputationRep:
      I rehomed my first border collie almost two months ago now. He's a real cuddle monster and has a naughty streak but is generally well behaved.

Photos I took when we had snow in December:

ReputationRep:
      Big Border Collie fan here! Have had two who have both sadly left us now but they are a great breed if you can handle their intelligence and exercise needs.

Haven't got a photo of our first collie on the computer unfortunately but here's Bryn who left a big whole in our hearts about 18 months ago

ReputationRep:

Beautiful dogs, but why is there a green dildo on the last link behind the collie.

Not appropriate and rather worrying if I may say so.

ReputationRep:
      I love collies and all the herding breeds! That's my little Sheltie boy in my sig.

I think I'm going to end up having a BC one of these days- I adore their intelligence and lust for life. Any dog I own would be trained for agility and whatever else it enjoys doing.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by duke5)
      Beautiful dogs, but why is there a green dildo on the last link behind the collie.

Not appropriate and rather worrying if I may say so.
      I've still had no explanation as to why there is a conspicuously placed DILDO behind an innocent looking collie.

It is disturbing.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by duke5)
      I've still had no explanation as to why there is a conspicuously placed DILDO behind an innocent looking collie.

It is disturbing.

I think its meant to be a bone shape dog chew toy.....but yeah it does look a bit like one of those..

ReputationRep:
      Does anyone else's BC jump over puddles and refuse to walk through them? Just discovered this with mine yesterday.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SpacemonkeySam)
      Does anyone else's BC jump over puddles and refuse to walk through them? Just discovered this with mine yesterday.

Yes mine does that too!. In fact she hates water with a passion , so baths are out as are walkies in the rain.She wont even go ouside for a wee if its raining.My first collie was exactly the same too.

ReputationRep:
      Hi everyone, im new on here today so hi!!

I have two border collies Patch and Faith and i also have a JRT called mia. I have a soft spot for the collies they are fantastic dogs if you give them enough exercise and stimualtion.

I compete in agility, flyball (qualified for crufts 2011 ) and K9 freestyle.

ReputationRep:
      Yes mine does that too!. In fact she hates water with a passion , so baths are out as are walkies in the rain.She wont even go ouside for a wee if its raining.My first collie was exactly the same too.
      Thankfully he doesn't mind the rain, only bodies of water. Collies definitely have a lot of character eh?

(Original post by hlbennett)
      I compete in agility, flyball (qualified for crufts 2011 ) and K9 freestyle.
      I tried to find somewhere in Coventry that did agility classes but didn't turn up anything suitable. Would love to be able to get Harley into agility.

ReputationRep:
      Here's my little trouble maker

ReputationRep:
      I have a Border Collie X labrador and he loves water! Can't get him out of it! Like we walk past a stream and he jumps in and waits there for us to throw him a stick or ball! He loves fetching in the water! Or chasing birds in the sea!

ReputationRep:
      Border Collies and Huskys are the cutest dogs by far. =]

ReputationRep:
      I LOVE collies! They are just adorable, so intelligent (my dog managed to pull a pot full of sauce off the hob and lick clean the whole floor )very thankful and great companions!
      Always wanted a dog, got a border collie and labrador X (the mother looked like a golden retriever but they said she's a lab) after nagging my parents for 2 years, free to a good home! Named him Oscar. He was the last in the litter but so cute, I dont know why. Got him home and he had worms poor thing. Went to agility classes with him to calm him down. He used to be soo hyper! After only 3 years (hard work training him!!) he is a little calmer I just love his active personality!
      He also get on so well with my Westie, Hamish. Can't understand how I lived without dogs before!
      Attached Images

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.