Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I was wondering:

To what extent do you agree that the increasing power of the BRICs is a challenge to existing world powers?

I would be grateful to your replies and if possible if you can provide references but if you cant its fine....

Thanks in Advance

ReputationRep:
    lol you want us to do your homework?

ReputationRep:
    nooo....its called primary research...just trying to find some help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilpin)
    Lol yeah right.

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to point out that this would probably not be considered primary research if the main purpose is to obtain (existing) references to extract information from.

Perhaps if your investigation was not the question proposed in the OP you could call it primary research. But as it is, and for the question you have asked, it would not be.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I was wondering:

To what extent do you agree that the increasing power of the BRICs is a challenge to existing world powers?

I would be grateful to your replies and if possible if you can provide references but if you cant its fine....

Thanks in Advance
    The emerging markets are definitely a threat to existing to existing economic super powers, look at the size of these countries and do some research and you will find out that these countries are super rich in terms of resources and economic capacity.

The emerging countries have alot to grow with and there is a higher potential, they are still young. Unlike countries with like of USA were there is little capacity, the resources are being fully used to high efficiency.

USA holds fears of the Chinese communist economical model which may pose a threat as it's economy grows, so does the power of its defence and nuclear assets.

There many other factors and objectives that existing power-house economies have in order to adapt to a changing global economy with a new platform to play on, unfortunately you shall need to research this yourself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.