The Student Room Group

why is there never black people on jeremy kyle

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Southwesttwo
What are you, Somalian?

I am black. It shouldn't bother anyone what country I am from.

(I come from Ghana)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 61
Because they're on the ricki lake show(right after Jk) and no i dont watch JK
Original post by n1r4v
Really. I thought it was because you always used to post ghey vids of your new "haircut"?

Lool funny, I posted ONE video of my hair, and everyone was jealous :smile:
Original post by Abused Tampon
because their not stupid, why would you go on a show where everyone can see your problems and nothing gets solved, you just temporerily shut up because you have had enough of jeremy kyle

Got that right. There is not one stupid black chav in the whole of the UK. Oh, wait...
Reply 64
Because they're all in prison or robbing people for crack money.
Original post by Bishamon
I thought it was banter? I give up, its quite clear I am arguing with a racist tard. Get some dick in you this christmas, maybe next time you wont come back so bitter and jaded.

Outrageous allegations, even my butler was disgusted.
Reply 66
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Outrageous allegations, even my butler was disgusted.

yeah that was about as funny as aids
Reply 67
Oh dear, you watch Jeremy Kyle. Oh dear.
because we're not that stupid to reveal all our problems on tv, also another reason why you hardly see black people on worlds strictest parents. If i was to act the way these kids acted i wouldve got BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTSSS BACK TO AFRICA!!!
Original post by Huskaris
Black chavs are just as stupid and hilarious as white ones. They just prefer shows like Maury.

Just sayin'

Maury is an American show, you moron.
Original post by Bishamon
yeah that was about as funny as aids

weirdest guy on TSR.
Reply 71
I reckon the reason you hardly ever seem to see ethnic minorities on Jeremy Kyle (not that I regularly watch it, it's disgraceful) has to be because people are petrified of being called racist these days, especially people in the media. And the way Kyle berates his guests, someone would be bound to play the race card (or it would viewed out of context and taken the wrong way).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by needhelp12
i noticed that there is never any black people on the show or ethnic minorities. even though there are plenty of black chavs, just as there are white.
do you think its because jeremy would be accused of racism but having a go at blacks

apparantly (google this if you dont belive me) Eastenders last year happened to have an episode in which the whole cast was all black in the normal course of running, not a Eastenders Special or anything, and they recived hundreds of complaints that having an all black cast was 'inappropriate'.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/mar/02/100-complaints-over-all-black-eastenders

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/feb/25/eastenders-black-tv-review

at the end of the day, whites are the majority of viewers and they have to show what will bring in ratings.

for the same reason there are no generic black faces, families santas, angels, cupids or icons of the front of greeting cards there will not be a black jeremy kyle.

also can you imagine the uproar if Kate Middleton was black, do you think she wuld be allowed to marry Prince William? someone would kill her for sure like they did when Diana was pregnant by Dodi A.

some people are just racist, and many more are self proclaimedly 'not a racist but...' with alot of prejudice. its only when you point it out to them they feel uncomfortable. check my post history - i made a thread on why there were no blacks on xmas cards and loads of whites write stuff like 'christmas is for white people, this is a white country' 'it has always been that way, why change it' and accused me of being a racist and ethnocentric because i wanted to give my (coloured) niece a card with an image she could relate to on the front.
Reply 73
Original post by shinytoy
for the same reason there are no generic black faces, families santas, angels, cupids or icons of the front of greeting cards there will not be a black jeremy kyle.

Yes, there was, she was called Trisha.

Also, there's plenty of black people in TV adverts, at times it seems like they have an ethnic minority quota.

Do you actually care that there's no black faces on traditional Christmas cards etc.? Is it really that important?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by Gwasgray

Do you actually care that there's no black faces on traditional Christmas cards etc.? Is it really that important?

yes, i do actually. i dont see why christmas should be deemed the preserve of white people. my niece doent have white barbies, only black ones because i dont want her being indoctriated with the blonde blue eyed western media ideal of beauty. if she wants a black santa on her xmas card, she should be able to have one. santa isnt real, and he brings gifts to ALL kids not just white ones. and why cant i get a black girl on the front of a birthday card or a black angel on a xmas card? why are there no black cherubs - st valentine was catholic and there are black catholics too not just white ones.
Reply 75
Santa can only have one persona, you might as well say it's sexist because he's not a woman. Why are there no black cerubs or angels? Maybe because they follow an artistic tradition that features white people, I mean the common artistic representation of Jesus is a white European man, when really he was from the Middle East.

Surely somewhere there's got to be Christmas cards with black people on them, they're probably just hard to find in most places.

I remember reading about Angelina Jolie complaining that there were no black Disney princess (until The Princess and the Frog) and that little black girl she adopted was into Disney princess and I just thought "Oh for crying out loud" I mean my favourite Disney characters were Chip and Dale but I'm not a chipmunk. And there have been a number of non-white Disney female characters, Pocahantas, Princess Jasmine, Mulan, Esmerelda.
(edited 13 years ago)
You are kidding ? JK USA is almost exclusively of that ethnicity.
Original post by Noumenon2017
You are kidding ? JK USA is almost exclusively of that ethnicity.

JK USA probably didn't exist when this thread was made. Please look at the date before dragging up dead threads.
Possibly because it's difficult to have a programme about reconsiling waring couples where there are no men around.
I've seen a few on there, what are you talking about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending