Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was supposes to take my driving test on December 8th 2010. Unfortunately it was cancelled due to the snow.My test date has been reschedule for the 17th January 2011, which is a few weeks away yet. I had been trying to master the bay parking manoeuvre for a while know and have just got mastered it. Then my test was cancelled and i'm deciding not to take any more lessons until the first week in new year, as all my money is tied up as Christmas is near. I don't want to get back into the car in 2-3 week's and forget this parking bay manoeuvre, As my test will only be 2 week's of by then and I'd still need my driving to be perfect.
    So here's the question .....The car I'm doing lesson's in and using for my test is a mini cooper. I wanted to know what would be a good thing to use as a guide along the parking bay line. My instructor say's when the middle of the steering wheel lines up with the bay line, full lock the wheel. Although this work's. I have heard there are different things to line this up with depending on what car you drive. can anyone recommend something?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.