Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I tell her she's fat and ugly? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I met this girl online, and I saw a couple of photos, she seemed pretty enough. We spoke a bit and she asked if I wanted to meet up. I agreed, but we didn't arrange anything. Then I added her on FB and, uh oh, she's actually awfully ugly, fat and pretty weird all round.

I no longer wish to meet up with her. She has just asked me when I'm free.

Shall I delay and delay and delay until she loses interest?
    Shall I just block her and vanish?
    Shall I tell her that having seen more accurate pictures of her I now don't want to meet up?

Or I guess there's the option of meeting with her but being an awful bore and seeming extremely disinterested - she'd get the hint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
    I met this girl online, and I saw a couple of photos, she seemed pretty enough. We spoke a bit and she asked if I wanted to meet up. I agreed, but we didn't arrange anything. Then I added her on FB and, uh oh, she's actually awfully ugly, fat and pretty weird all round.

Shall I tell her that having seen more accurate pictures of her I now don't want to meet up?

Or I guess there's the option of meeting with her but being an awful bore and seeming extremely disinterested - she'd get the hint.
    Vanish.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls are actually prettier when you see them face to face than in pictures. She might not be the 'photogenic' type.
    What if she has a really nice personality. I think you should give her a chance.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna say ... no to the thread title.

ReputationRep:
    How shallow.

ReputationRep:
    maybe u could just be friends if u got along well?
    or u could vanish...but dont tell her she's fat or ugly.. or any other negative comments...

or u could not talk to her for a week and then tell her u met someone? if it was a romantic relationship this was leading to?

ReputationRep:
    Karma is a *****, so I suggest you go on that date and act normal just don't go out second time. You can show her that you are not interested without hurting her actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)

yes just vanish

ReputationRep:
    Block her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helen4)
    Some girls are actually prettier when you see them face to face than in pictures. She might not be the 'photogenic' type.
    What if she has a really nice personality. I think you should give her a chance.
    Yea but I can't **** her personality, can I?

(Original post by dnumberwang)
      pretend you've been eaten by a time vortex (vanish)

or actually get eaten by a time vortex
      Enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
      To title: No
      To OP; meet her atleast before smashing her feelings :/

ReputationRep:
      Pif. OP is not shallow.

Girls calling OP shallow are just trying to make themselves feel better about being ugly.

If it was the same situation a girl wouldnt think twice about blocking an ugly guy.

ReputationRep:
      Go ahead tell her she's fat and ugly.

I'd probably keep her on hold incase one day she miraculously gets fit. And tappable.

Like the fit girls at the gym, they weren't always fit.

ReputationRep:
      Why don't you turn up and invite back to your place? You could always use her as a bean bag or something.

ReputationRep:
      This is why you fully investigate before making commitments.

ReputationRep:
      Make up an elaborate excuse..

ReputationRep:
      She'll probably swallow on the bright side... Every cloud and all that.

ReputationRep:
      just vanish dont hurt her by saying shes obese :L hopefully she has not got your number

ReputationRep:
      Meet her and bring cake

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.