The Student Room Group

Muslims praying at College

Scroll to see replies

Original post by #Funky

Shukran

:wink:
Try going to Saudi Arabia or Sudan and asking for time out of class to pray to a Christian God and see how many lashes THAT gets you! :P
Reply 82
Original post by Magma828
No, Muslims should not be allowed to follow their religion.

.....??

lol...Id really love u to stand in the centre of manchester or birmingham and say that, you will be *******less
You're turning Islam into a burden, when it isn't.

We've been given the chance to pray between two set times rather than at one particular time- I'm assuming you have breaks (?) Why do you not pray then?

You're making a fuss out of nothing; it's ridiculous.
Reply 84
Yes, because its a good thing. If they are late for lessons thats wrong, they should read when there is time left. But missing a Namaaz, for Muslims, is like killing someone so ahh!
Reply 85
When I was in College we did them between our breaks or when I got home
Secularism please!
Reply 87
This is such a ridiculous question, of course they should not be allowed to miss any time of learning to pray. Who do you think you are? Oh yeah, I follow that Jedi-Knight religion, can I please miss 10 mins of a lesson to practise my light saber swooshing technique?
Reply 88
Original post by nazirard
If the college won't let you miss some lessons to do this then there's nothing you can do but if you have any nice teachers then plead them and they may allow you.
I don't think it's necessarily a case of the teachers being mean, or inconsiderate. Perhaps they merely want what they believe is best for the student. Leaving a lesson (or arriving late) disrupts the student's learning and could lead them to get a lower grade than they might otherwise have got. The results of the class reflect on the teacher.

So I wouldn't be so quick to write the teacher off as someone who is not "nice". Unfortunately we seem to have a situation where the different priorities come into conflict: the student is worried about their religious obligations, while the teacher is worried about their teaching obligations. Any solution must try to balance the different obligations of the teacher and the student.
Reply 89
Original post by Driveme
lol...Id really love u to stand in the centre of manchester or birmingham and say that, you will be *******less

I'd dare that person to do it. LOL!
Reply 90
Original post by #Funky
Hi,

We've been given a prayer room but are not allowed to pray in it? The College says that it's a national rule that you cannot be late for lessons because of prayer or leave lessons for prayer.

Do you think Muslims should be allowed to pray and folllow their religion or not?

Join up prayers in the way you're allowed, pray in your lunch breaks, etc. The college shouldn't give you any extra leeway just because you need to pray. It's important to you but you need to understand that being in school is a good enough reason to pray late or join up the prayers. Why must muslims be so rigid in this manner?
This is such a ridiculous question, of course they should not be allowed to miss any time of learning to pray. Who do you think you are? Oh yeah, I follow that Jedi-Knight religion, can I please miss 10 mins of a lesson to practise my light saber swooshing technique?

If you actually believed in it, I don't see why not.
Of course they should be able to pray, if they have free lessons/breaks then why not?

I pray in my breaks :smile:
Original post by nerdfighter28
You're turning Islam into a burden, when it isn't.

We've been given the chance to pray between two set times rather than at one particular time- I'm assuming you have breaks (?) Why do you not pray then?

You're making a fuss out of nothing; it's ridiculous.

This.
Reply 94
Original post by #Funky
Can't be at 4, cause Maghrib is then

Shukran

3 to 4ish*
I wasn't giving precise times lol
Reply 95
Original post by Driveme

It was a joke you tool... Did you not see the "...??" ?

Original post by #Funky
Ya, that's my excuse! Haha, yeh the Pakistanis and Bengalis are likely to do this!

Why not?

See above
Reply 96
Original post by Magma828
It was a joke you tool... Did you not see the "...??" ?

See above

There are sum strange people in the wprld,even jokes like that are taken in the wrong way,i dont mind cos there are sum idiots out there especially online
Oh and dont talk to me like a 5 year old, i was just responding to wat u sed

Anyway ......
Original post by Dekota-XS
No. Not at college. Why should a college be turned into a mosque?

Not the college. A room. A room would be used as a masjid.
Original post by #Funky
Hi,

We've been given a prayer room but are not allowed to pray in it? The College says that it's a national rule that you cannot be late for lessons because of prayer or leave lessons for prayer.

Do you think Muslims should be allowed to pray and folllow their religion or not?

Why have you been given a prayer room in the first place? :curious:

And national rule? Since when? I know plenty of schools that allows this and people pray during their free period.

I call troll :troll:
Reply 99
Original post by #Funky
Hi,

:rolleyes:lol aRE YOU serious you cant just get up and leave the class. Look I pray at uni during lunch, don't worry you wont miss the prayer time .

You can pray duhr and asr together if you feel you will miss asr prayer. But usually if you finish at 3:30 you can pray asr then, just before magrib starts.

But no don't start asking to leave class they might change there mind and tell you not to pray at all.
My college never let us have a room, so im sooo happy we have one at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending