Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do I get them little green gems? Ive been here almost 4 years and help people a lot and sometimes people rep my post but I don't seem to get any.

ReputationRep:
    Let me help

ReputationRep:
    Why neg me I was just asking how to get the green gems... I didnt know if they where different to getting rep.

ReputationRep:
    Everything you want to know about rep can be found here. Except for the part about asking how to get more rep will most likely result in losing a lot.

ReputationRep:
    somebody's obviously out to get you

ReputationRep:
    You've been here less than 3 years. You need to brush up on your mental arithmetic.

You can gain reputation through either somebody going directly to your profile and directly adding to your reputation, or through people giving your posts positive ratings.

Most reputation is probably gained through the post rating system. To get a healthy number of thumbs ups, make funny, eloquent, dry or helpful posts.

Conversely, to become more "infamous", make posts which inadvertently cause users to transfer their face into the palm of the their hands. That, or say something that the majority of TSrians don't agree with.

Consider your post as an example. Why has it been given a negative rating?

1) You gave an inaccurate length of time for which you've been registered.
    2) You used "them" in the wrong context. You should've used "those".
    3) There's a perfectly reasonable help guide in some forum on TSR which will educate you on matters such as this.
    4) If you couldn't find this page, you could probably work it out for yourself, or at least use Google.
    5) You have 900+ posts and some warning points and still haven't grasped the concept of reputation. Allegedly. Methinks you're fishing for pity rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carlo08)
    How do I get them little green gems? Ive been here almost 4 years and help people a lot and sometimes people rep my post but I don't seem to get any.
    You say you have been here almost four years but it says you joined in Mar 2008 so I assume you have another account.

Anyway just try and get involved as possible with conversations, people will rep you for agreeing with you, for makining them laugh, or for having a cool signature.

Just make yourself stand out as much as possible I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you angry at being a chemical engineer at Manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carlo08)
    Why neg me I was just asking how to get the green gems... I didnt know if they where different to getting rep.
    Next time you want good rep, don't make a thread asking how to ge it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.