Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Beach holidays for five 19 year olds? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Booking a holiday soon for five 19 year olds. We want a mix between a lads holiday but nice area with good beaches.

Initially considered some of the club18-30 places but want to look elsewhere as I know they are filled with chavs

So any suggestions? Preferably Greece..

ReputationRep:
    My friends and I are going to Zante on holiday next year, right next to the beach and plenty of clubs and bars nearby.

ReputationRep:
    Load of our course went of for a week camping by thr seaside just after the end of our final year. Annoyingly i could go as i had a clash with a holiday i booked in germany but they had a really good time. Im stuggling now to remember where it was now (sorry!!) but the campsite openly welcomed familys and groups, how 'laddy' it got ai dont know and some places can have problems with lads-only groups which ours wasnt, although heavly baised to male members.

Have a dig round and see what others suggest, if your still looking PM me and i'll find out where it was.

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cggh90)
    Booking a holiday soon for five 19 year olds. We want a mix between a lads holiday but nice area with good beaches.

Initially considered some of the club18-30 places but want to look elsewhere as I know they are filled with chavs

Dunes of Cabopino, near Marbella. In Torremolinos.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest Cyprus, if you haven't been there. I have.
    Has Loads of good beaches all over the north and the south. The best would be found on the west coast, Paphos, and north coast Kyrenia area. And they have loads of clubs, it's crazy down there. Just below Turkey and near Greece. It's got better clubbing that Greece form my experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinaS00)
    I suggest Cyprus, if you haven't been there. I have.
    Has Loads of good beaches all over the north and the south. The best would be found on the west coast, Paphos, and north coast Kyrenia area. And they have loads of clubs, it's crazy down there. Just below Turkey and near Greece. It's got better clubbing that Greece form my experience.
    Thanks, but I have been there a lot. I haven't been Greece or many other European places so thought I'd like to go elsewhere...

ReputationRep:
    Corfu is cool. Personally I'm on Bulgaria

ReputationRep:
    Faliraki.
    Quite a big club scene too with a streets and streets of clubs and bars.
    But also has awesome beach(s) that you can get a hotel literally ON , kinda.

ReputationRep:
    AYIA NAPA!!

Go the the nissi beach end for the beach (obviously) and its a 10 minute cab to the clubs

ReputationRep:

You should stay at a typical chav/young person's resort i.e. Magaluf or w/ever. No offence but if you are having a lads holiday you should try and contain it, theres no reason to ruin other peoples' and families' holidays, especially if they have chosen to avoid the typical party hotspots.

ReputationRep:

Your going on a holidays. A bunch of 19 years old. So you can burden the Greek People with your petty violence and alcohol related stupidity.
    What is wrong with Blackpool?
    Go to Greece and stay there.

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona is a nice place, it's a mix of everything...it has the night clubs and the beaches that cater for the teen brit getaways, but it's also has the added dimension of being a tourism spot for everybody so great food, shopping, theme parks, sight-seeing etc. You can make a nice holiday out of it, instead of just doing the lads holiday stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looking)
    You should stay at a typical chav/young person's resort i.e. Magaluf or w/ever. No offence but if you are having a lads holiday you should try and contain it, theres no reason to ruin other peoples' and families' holidays, especially if they have chosen to avoid the typical party hotspots.
    Pardon?

When I said 'lads' holiday, I didn't mean it in the conventional chav sense.

We want a holiday where it's a mix of stuff. Beaches, going out, etc. We aren't chavvy on bit though, and certainly won't be causing any trouble

HENCE why I asked for a popular place but not the 18-30 club scene. Something lively but contained.

The only thing I've come up with so far is Mykonos..

ReputationRep:
    Pardon?

We want a holiday where it's a mix of stuff. Beaches, going out, etc. We aren't chavvy on bit though, and certainly won't be causing any trouble

HENCE why I asked for a popular place but not the 18-30 club scene. Something lively but contained.

Okay I hear what you are saying and I'm not prejudging you, but surely you must understand where I'm coming from.

Anyway, I second Barcelona. Adds a cultural edge.

ReputationRep:
    Why do some people on here act more like 90 than 19? Ruining people holidays with your wanton fun and tomfoolery! How bloody dare you, what do you think this is?? Some sort of time to enjoy yourself or something!! Ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    The Greek island of Kos?

ReputationRep:
    Mykonos has great beaches but the clubs at Santorini are really awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Pardon?

Mykonos is great, SO clubby but classy, and the best beaches in greece. BUT you will find loads of gay people there and loads of gay bars (for some reason they all go there), if thats alright with your mates than you'll have a blast

ReputationRep:
    Who negged my gay resort?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.