Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya.

I am applying for City to get there in september 2011 (hopefully I will get accepted) for Radiography. But accomodation is going to be an issue. My house I live in currently IS in london, but it is /too small/ to accomodate me now. I live in a two bedroom house and there are three of us, and I can't even fit two people in my room its that small. Since the last few months, my sster has had to sleep in my mothers bed. Its very, very cramped. So my first question is:

-Even if I live in london, will I still be able to live at the halls?

And to go on from this, I have a friend with me that would like to live with me, as we are close and get along really well. My second question is:

-IF she applies to halls, can we request to be together? And will we get a place together?

We are both quite confused, lol. I'd also like to ask;

-Private housing; is it easy to find and is it MUCH more expensive then halls?

Thank you for any answers!

ReputationRep:
    local people are generallly given a lower priority when booking accomodation...
    you might get it, however you may not be guaranteed with it..
    regarding your friend, then, i think you'll have to book a studio flat, which is quite a big one to accomodate both of you properly... this obviously means more cash :cool:

and with reference to private accomodation, i wouldn't recommend it since you won't be familiar with the ppl and the uni.., and staying at halls will be a great advantage...at halls you even wont have to handle and pay bills...it's sorta of all done for you!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.