Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Old couple keeps stealing my cat. Watch

ReputationRep:
    There's this old couple about a 2 minute walk from my house who keeps treating my cat like theirs.

It started two years ago when they felt the need to give my cat chicken and fish and what not.

So obviously being a cat my cat kept going back and forth from my house to theirs. Now the cat sleeps in their house some nights and they have the audacity to complain.

At least once a week they bring the cat to my house to and say 'Oh Snap(My cat's name) keeps eating the food, and sleeping in our bed). I wouldn't take offense if I knew they were shooing him but they don't.

I have seen them stand outside my house and lure him to their car! When my parents go to work and my siblings and I are at school/college they have the cheek to say that we are neglecting him, by not being at home. They even went as far as to say that people with pets should never go on holiday. When we go on holiday my cousin house sits and looks after the cat. I leave food out in this shelter thing in the garden before I leave so it's not like we are starving him.

They leave food in bowls for the foxes to eat. They take in 'lost' cats. They're lovely people, just incredibly annoying and bored.

Has anyone else had something like this happen?

Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    My neighbour's cat went missing for several weeks. One day i was round my friends and the cat came in through the window :lol: i found out it was regularly going to my friends neighbours house, she was feeding it all the time then complained about how she didn't want a pet. Don't feed it then!

ReputationRep:
    My first ever cats were taken to the dark side when I was really young. Stupid old farts. :huff:

ReputationRep:
    Nope. My cat's only disappeared once, when she was stuck under a counter in next door's kitchen.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely tag your cat and politely ask the old folks to stop feeding your cat unless they're also willing to pay for half its vet bills.

ReputationRep:
    Tell them that you will call the police if they keep feeding your cat and luring it away when you have requested them to stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Definitely tag your cat and politely ask the old folks to stop feeding your cat unless they're also willing to pay for half its vet bills.
    Yeah I tagged him when I got him, and I've asked them so many times. My dad told them to spray water on him if he goes inside their house but they said that they can't because it's cruel. And now ever since he has eaten from them he gets extremely fussy with his food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoanyLisa)
    People shouldn't feed other peoples pets. Cats in particular.
    My aunt had the exact same problem. Everybody told her to tell them to stop it when it started at the beginning, but she was convinced "They're just being friendly," Which was probably true, - but it only leads to problems.

Now her cat is rarely ever at her house. And they complain constantly. :facepalm2:

I think you should speak to them, and tell them to stop feeding her, and ask them what they expected would happen if they were luring the cat into their car. I know they're old - but my goodness, some people!
    I've told them but they act as if what they're doing is right. The dog food that they feed the foxes was left in the garden and my cat ate it and threw up everywhere. But they just don't understand that they can't do this to other people's pets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GQ.)
    Tell them that you will call the police if they keep feeding your cat and luring it away when you have requested them to stop.
    But what could the police do? Could they intervene?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeStinks)
    merk them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they don't have bad intentions. This sounds patronising but old retired people get bored and lonely.

ReputationRep:
    Hit them where it hurts the most. Steal their slippers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    merk them.
    But they're about 70.

ReputationRep:
    But they're about 70.
    Merking is super effective.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, they are old just let them be, i bet that Cat brings joy to their lives.

ReputationRep:
    Merking is super effective.
    True, I heard that the death rate's pretty high.

ReputationRep:
    True, I heard that the death rate's pretty high.
    depends where you live, merking's common practise in the slums of london.

ReputationRep:
    depends where you live, merking's common practise in the slums of london.
    But not many people can justify merking some elderly couple. Even in London there are some boundaries people don't cross.

ReputationRep:
    But not many people can justify merking some elderly couple. Even in London there are some boundaries people don't cross.
    What does one merk then?

ReputationRep:
    I actually believe that they could not. This is going to sound strange but cats are not seen as being "owned" unlike dogs. They are seen as individual entities. For example, it is legal for me to take a neighbours cat that is being a nuisance, and have it spayed, and this is not breaking the law in any way, as I do not need the permission of the owners.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.