Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Medal of Honor - is that it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got the new Medal of Honor limited tier 1 edition for PC a few days ago, thought I'll have a go at a shooter game over the holidays. I don't generally play shooter games, this is the first I've owned in years.

Anyway, I've played it for 2 days (about 4 hours each day) and I've already completed it, apparently

I was just surprised because I didn't expect it to be that, now I'm wondering if I'm missing something or need to go to something else on the menu. Basically it ended with a very long battle with the taliban and after they're all killed I follow the comrades to a tunnel, then there's a door, I'm opted to kick it open and that's it...the credits show and it goes back to the home screen :confused:

Is this how short it's supposed to be? I expected it to be longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    I got the new Medal of Honor limited tier 1 edition for PC a few days ago, thought I'll have a go at a shooter game over the holidays. I don't generally play shooter games, this is the first I've owned in years.

Anyway, I've played it for 2 days (about 4 hours each day) and I've already completed it, apparently

I was just surprised because I didn't expect it to be that, now I'm wondering if I'm missing something or need to go to something else on the menu. Basically it ended with a very long battle with the taliban and after they're all killed I follow the comrades to a tunnel, then there's a door, I'm opted to kick it open and that's it...the credits show and it goes back to the home screen :confused:

Is this how short it's supposed to be? I expected it to be longer.
    Yup, all modern fps campaigns are only 4 - 8 hours long.

The real game length is found in the multiplayer.

ReputationRep:
    Dont like this game

ReputationRep:
    I traded it in after 2 days.
    I think the real game length is to be found on multi player, like mentioned before.

ReputationRep:
    A poor mans Call of Duty, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    CoD is shorter...

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure COD is shorter.

Modern day FPS games are all about multiplayer.

ReputationRep:
    See. I was expecting it to be pants when I bought this (but alas, I have more money than sense ((lies, I'm skint )) and I'm stupid) and have nothing on CoD. But I made a complete U-turn pretty quickly! I think the plot and characters are much better than Black Ops and the variety of gameplay mechanics was much more satisfying too. Overall, I was much more impressed by MoH than CoD:BO. Sure it's far from perfect, but something about CoD really grated on me this time round...

ReputationRep:
    It's alright. Feels more like BFBC2 than Call of Duty though.

ReputationRep:
    Or it is a decent fps unlike CoD because a knife and over powered kill streaks won't make you win the game....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Or it is a decent fps unlike CoD because a knife and over powered kill streaks won't make you win the game....:rolleyes:
    You don't need them to win the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    You don't need them to win the game.
    True, but the fact that you can easily win the game with that combo shows how bad and broken the game is.

ReputationRep:
    I agree MoH is a decent fps, but to say its better than COD is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Why? It is far far better.
    The storyline is simple and good. The characters are realistic. The missions are memorable, the graphics and sound are superb, and the multiplayer is perfectly balanced and fun.
    CoD is none of the above as it has a dire storyline and the multiplayer is a retarded joke as you can run around with a knife and win........:rolleyes:
    And before you say it has sold loads of copies thus it is good....remember farmville has over 80 million players.

ReputationRep:
    I can't comment properly since I don't own the game, but I played the beta and was appalled with how unbalanced and buggy it was, maybe they fixed it before launch. What really made me laugh is that they pretty much dropped the solid BC2 to promote a game which turned out to be a lot worse. Although I still think it should be free, the Vietnam add-on is absolutely brilliant and has to be my multiplayer experience of the year.

ReputationRep:
    Why? It is far far better.
    The storyline is simple and good. The characters are realistic. The missions are memorable, the graphics and sound are superb, and the multiplayer is perfectly balanced and fun.
    CoD is none of the above as it has a dire storyline and the multiplayer is a retarded joke as you can run around with a knife and win........:rolleyes:
    And before you say it has sold loads of copies thus it is good....remember farmville has over 80 million players.
    Okay I accept your opinion.

In my opinion, COD is better than MoH in all of the areas you just mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    Okay I accept your opinion.
    In my opinion, COD is better than MoH in all of the areas you just mentioned.
    Um how? It has OP kill streaks, and the weapons are far from balanced (Multiplayer ofc).

ReputationRep:
    COD is a poor mans game compared to MoH, MoH plays alot like battlefield which is the greatest first person shooter to be born

online play on COD is fair to easy and built for noobs MoH takes more skill to play online
    older CODs used to rule the PC world, on the xbox or PS3 COD3 and COD4 rule the world, modern warfare 2 and black ops even through they are fun to play are fair too easy and aimed at noobs, you only have to see the amount of noob tubing, hacking and really bad play

trouble with COD they can make a bad game compared to other yet because off all the fan boy they will buy it and see it as the greatest game ever made

if you think that you have been sold down the river by the makers of COD, remember those who made black ops made COD world at war, they have nothing to do with COD4 and MW2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caspa)
    online play on COD is fair to easy and built for noobs MoH takes more skill to play online - Maybe? I played single player for about an hour and thought it wasn't up to COD standards so didn't even bother with it online, so you could be right, I can't comment.

modern warfare 2 and black ops even through they are fun to play are fair too easy and aimed at noobs, you only have to see the amount of noob tubing, hacking and really bad play - With a game as big as COD you're always going to get retards. I play a lot of games where there is no noob tubing or hacking.

if you think that you have been sold down the river by the makers of COD, remember those who made black ops made COD world at war, they have nothing to do with COD4 and MW2 - I know this, whats your point?

Did I offend you two when I said MoH was a poor mans COD? For me personally, I find COD a far better game.

ReputationRep:
    I can honestly tell you the latest MOH on xbox pisses all over COD with regards to story mode.

Maybe not online, but thats same old same old anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.