Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this gallery quality? Does it attract your attention? Watch

• View Poll Results: Are these photographs professional enough or just too touristy.
    Yes
    14.29%
    I would concider buying
    21.43%
    average
    78.57%
    just a 'snap-shot' / too touristy.
    7.14%

ReputationRep:
    I have been freelancing for a few years now and have also began a small business in my photography. I was just wondering what peoples opinions are of my work. Is it something which you would cincider buying or something which you feel is just a simple snap shot photograph. I have added a few samples below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/craig_fryer/5212482068/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/craig_fryer/5125783119/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/craig_fryer/5212493800/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/craig_f...7624371695084/

ReputationRep:
    They're all decent pics, but none i would consider buying really. The 3rd is really good though, but with the majority of the image being so dark I don't think it would work well framed.

ReputationRep:
    I love love LOVE! the photo of the Infinity Bridge

ReputationRep:
    They're well shot photos. I dunno if i'd buy them, but that's just because its not the kind of stuff i'm that into, that doesn't mean they aren't good.

I also take photos, i'm more into the spur of the moment type stuff than landscapes and towns and that. Like quickly snapping people I see doing weird things and just anything interesting I come across. I've got a Diana Mini by Lomography which I tend to take out most, the photos always come out differently and sometimes look really cool due to accidental double exposures and light leaks, due to the fact its only a little plastic thing.
    But I just whack a roll of film in it before I go out and use it up, it's real small and easy to carry.
    Obviously it doesn't take the kind of photos people would want to buy though, haha.

I had a look through some more of yours, I liked the Dock of the Bay one. Somebody taking a photo of somebody else stood there posing, haha.
    Reminded me of this that I was just looking at for my college work, http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kt...39b7o1_500.jpg
    by Martin Parr.
    If you've never been to Pisa, you don't really get to see that angle often, they look so weird, ha!

So yeah, they look pretty well shot to me, like the Cathedral one looks perfect.
    Just not my sort of thing (I did like the bridge one, the reflection was really cool)
    Though they are the kind of shots people are likely to buy, so i'd say you're going the right way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    They're well shot photos. I dunno if i'd buy them, but that's just because its not the kind of stuff i'm that into, that doesn't mean they aren't good.

I also take photos, i'm more into the spur of the moment type stuff than landscapes and towns and that. Like quickly snapping people I see doing weird things and just anything interesting I come across. I've got a Diana Mini by Lomography which I tend to take out most, the photos always come out differently and sometimes look really cool due to accidental double exposures and light leaks, due to the fact its only a little plastic thing.
    But I just whack a roll of film in it before I go out and use it up, it's real small and easy to carry.
    Obviously it doesn't take the kind of photos people would want to buy though, haha.

I had a look through some more of yours, I liked the Dock of the Bay one. Somebody taking a photo of somebody else stood there posing, haha.
    Reminded me of this that I was just looking at for my college work, http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kt...39b7o1_500.jpg
    by Martin Parr.
    If you've never been to Pisa, you don't really get to see that angle often, they look so weird, ha!

So yeah, they look pretty well shot to me, like the Cathedral one looks perfect.
    Just not my sort of thing (I did like the bridge one, the reflection was really cool)
    Though they are the kind of shots people are likely to buy, so i'd say you're going the right way.
    Thank you this is really valuable feedback for me as it is somthing which could and possible will form a foundation to my future work

ReputationRep:
    Some of your pictures are amazing and the types of pictures I imagine seeing in coffee houses or bookshops. If I had the money I probably would buy them especially infinity bridge one and the strid. The duck one is so cute :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craigus)
    Thank you this is really valuable feedback for me as it is somthing which could and possible will form a foundation to my future work
    No worries, good luck with it all
    You seem to have the skill and motivation needed to succeed.

ReputationRep:
    How much are you selling the infinite bridge one for? - It's modern, but has a hint of futuristic character, and it seems potently mystical at the same time...

What sort of material will the infinite bridge be printed on, and for how much? I'm quite interested =) - or is it not for sale yet?

P.S - I live in London by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craigus)
    Please read my above post =) I forgot to quote =)

ReputationRep:
    they're okay, just decent long exposures.
    nice although nothing i've never seen before. (:

ReputationRep:
    I love the water ones but I can't say the first two do that much for me

ReputationRep:
    This is totally the best one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/craig_f...7624371695084/

I really love the reflection in the water.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.