Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so i got one preowned today, and rather embarrassingly can't fit it together

err so it came with 3 cord things, the console and a controller

so the big black box fits onto the console, the cord with the coloured ends is probably for something else, and then the third thing which i assume should go onto the black box and then plug into a socket doesn't fit

i am a retard, please briefly explain

ReputationRep:
    Xbox is ****.

ReputationRep:
    It's really not hard.....

Look at the end of the wire and look at the possible slots they can go in, you'll work it out.

ReputationRep:
    when i saw the word xbox i threw up all over myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    It's really not hard.....

Look at the end of the wire and look at the possible slots they can go in, you'll work it out.
    no but the point is it won't fit in... like you can see the thing that i think is supposed to go into the black box has 2 holes, and that one has 3, and there's nowhere else it can go

ReputationRep:
    Man come on, seriously what is wrong with you?! First you get a crap system then you can't fit it together, damn. Well anyway, you put the plug in the plug socket and the the other side of it you insert into the big black box, but try taking the cord out from the xbox and see if thats the right side. The 3 cord things should go into your tv, you know on the side there are colours and insert the right colour cords into the tv, the other side of it should go into that crap system you have there. Voila! Happy gaming, i'll be waiting for your RROD thread,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyclown)
    so i got one preowned today, and rather embarrassingly can't fit it together

err so it came with 3 cord things, the console and a controller

so the big black box fits onto the console, the cord with the coloured ends is probably for something else, and then the third thing which i assume should go onto the black box and then plug into a socket doesn't fit

i am a retard, please briefly explain

its like a jigsaw puzzle, see what fits where... get PS3, its only two wires, one power and one HDMI, simples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamiFFXIII)
    Man come on, seriously what is wrong with you?! First you get a crap system then you can't fit it together, damn. Well anyway, you put the plug in the plug socket and the the other side of it you insert into the big black box, but try taking the cord out from the xbox and see if thats the right side. The 3 cord things should go into your tv, you know on the side there are colours and insert the right colour cords into the tv, the other side of it should go into that crap system you have there. Voila! Happy gaming, i'll be waiting for your RROD thread,
    i literally DO NOT USE CONSOLES EVER

it won't fit in though! the other side of the plug is in no way compatible!

ReputationRep:

Honestly, then you should take it back, you already lost all your dignity when purchasing such an obsolete commodity so merely going back saying you don't where these things fit won't do any harm!

ReputationRep:

Contact whomever you bought it from a request a refund, either that or they send you out the right power cable. You've been duped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamiFFXIII)
    Honestly, then you should take it back, you already lost all your dignity when purchasing such an obsolete commodity so merely going back saying you don't where these things fit won't do any harm!
    hahaha, this did make me laugh.
    yeah i'll probs take it back... damn it's such a long way. i might swap it for a ps3 actually... it's not really primarily for me though.

(Original post by Hylean)
    Contact whomever you bought it from a request a refund, either that or they send you out the right power cable. You've been duped.
    seriously? so the other end of the cable is DEFINITELY supposed to fit into the black box?

ReputationRep:
    seriously? so the other end of the cable is DEFINITELY supposed to fit into the black box?
    Yes. You should have a three-pronged female connector, you've got a two-pronged female connector. You've been duped. Get it refunded or get the right cable off them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Yes. You should have a three-pronged female connector, you've got a two-pronged female connector. You've been duped. Get it refunded or get the right cable off them.
    so annoying, it's going to take me ages to get back to town. it was from gamestation as well, i'd have thought they'd get things right.

anyway, generally it seems an xbox is ****, it was a massive impulse buy for me and a friend. i'm thinking i should exchange it for something else?

ReputationRep:
    so annoying, it's going to take me ages to get back to town. it was from gamestation as well, i'd have thought they'd get things right.

anyway, generally it seems an xbox is ****, it was a massive impulse buy for me and a friend. i'm thinking i should exchange it for something else?
    Nyah, don't listen to people here. The 360 is a good machine and has loads of good games on it and even a few decent exclusives. It all depends on what kind of games you like, really. Also, with multiplatform games, the graphics won't matter as most developers go with the lowest type, which is the 360 or the Wii, so the PS3's graphics capabilities rarely get used to their fullest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    its like a jigsaw puzzle, see what fits where... get PS3, its only two wires, one power and one HDMI, simples
    So is the xbox, one of the cables fits in to the box at the end of the other cable, it think it means the xbox is safer from power surges etc.

OP your an absoulte retard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Einstein)
    So is the xbox, one of the cables fits in to the box at the end of the other cable, it think it means the xbox is safer from power surges etc.

OP your an absoulte retard.
    actually i took it back and one of the things was wrong, so they replaced it.

you're* absolute*

ReputationRep:
    AGH i think i may cry in a minute.

so i'm playing a game, or TRYING TO because every 2 seconds i have to reconnect the controller?! i'm literally sitting about a meter infront of the damn console, i've tried changing the controller batteries and yet i can't play for more than a few seconds before it pauses and tells me to connect again. arghhh what can i do, or should i take it back AGAIN...

ReputationRep:

so i'm playing a game, or TRYING TO because every 2 seconds i have to reconnect the controller?! i'm literally sitting about a meter infront of the damn console, i've tried changing the controller batteries and yet i can't play for more than a few seconds before it pauses and tells me to connect again. arghhh what can i do, or should i take it back AGAIN...
    try using a wired controller, see if it remains connected, or a different wireless one and see what happens

ReputationRep:

Could be a loose battery pack. That happened to me so I got a recharge kit. Or you could take it back again

ReputationRep:
    Haha, never buy a preowned Xbox. Try connecting to Live and see what ban message come up, lmao!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.