Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does it ever annoy you when a person texts you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Obviously if they persistently do it, you'll get annoyed, but I'm talking maybe once/twice over three, four days, sometimes even a whole week.

Do you ever think "oh, what does he/she want?", "begging a convo". Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, In fact I hate having a phone at all and try to avoid carry it with me at any time.

ReputationRep:
    I often imagine this is what people feel about me, if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Yup there's this one guy who always starts the text with ..

'Yo how cumz you don't text manz no more?!!?!'

To which I reply

'Didn't want to'

Then I'll get the same text the next month with out fail.

ReputationRep:
    I do find it annoying when people text me sometimes, but mainly when I'm doing work and they disrupt it. Other than that not really.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf, no! I don't mind it at all, the purpose of having a frikin phone is for you to receive texts etc, all you have to do is put it on silent or whatever if you don't want a text. Such idiocy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louzilla)
    I do find it annoying when people text me sometimes, but mainly when I'm doing work and they disrupt it. Other than that not really.
    Same here- if people test me and they disrupt what im doing it can be a bit irritating.
    I also find it a bit irritating when certain people text or phone me and dont actually want anything- they just want to text/phone me and talk rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt say it annoys me as such. Sometimes when a person texts me I do think 'oh what do you want' but not very often. Its nice to get texts but if im not in the mood then I just dont reply.

ReputationRep:
    no, it's hardly annoying. read it if you want, don't read it if you don't want to. how is it annoying? just turn your bloody phone off.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite unsociable when it comes to text messages if I'm honest. There are about three people who I'd happily reply to whatever, whenever, but I just find it a pain to reply to most people's messages. But I'm lovely in real life so that makes up for it

ReputationRep:
    I just turn my phone off or put it on silent when I'm working...

ReputationRep:
    When I text someone, and they reply four days later. I mean **** off've already forgotten what I sent yo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeStinks)

To which I reply

'Didn't want to'

lol xP

ReputationRep:
    Nah- if people annoy me, I just don't reply to them! They soon get the message

I think I've been annoying people lately, as I'm going through a bit of a hard time and only two people know the full story.. so they're the only ones I can talk to it about, and the poor girls have had to deal with me texting them like 10/15 texts a day.. but then again if they didn't want a conversation, I guess they'd just ignore my pitiful moaning!

Sometimes it annoys me, especially since I don't really like text messages - I don't get what's wrong with a phone call, really. Yeah, they're OK when it's completely impractical to talk, but I find the twelve-key keypad and the character limitation a real putoff.

ReputationRep:
      When I'm in work yeah. Especially when

is my message alert and the customer on the phone (i work in broadband tech support) can hear it. Have had a few laughs at it, "did i just hear the mgs alert?" "yeah mate thats my text message alert"

ReputationRep:
      I get annoyed when people text me and it's not the person I hoped it was. Like, I blame them for not being the person I want it to be. It's quite mean really! Can't help who you want to hear from though.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jim-ie)
      When I'm in work yeah. Especially when

is my message alert and the customer on the phone (i work in broadband tech support) can hear it. Have had a few laughs at it, "did i just hear the mgs alert?" "yeah mate thats my text message alert"
      Have you ever tried standing motionless when hearing this sound?

ReputationRep:
      Texts not so much cos i can reply when i want to, but I don't like talking on the phone and find it annoying.

(Original post by CoffeeStinks)

To which I reply

'Didn't want to'

Lol.

ReputationRep:
      Eerms oops!

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.